• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question on importing an MPQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You'll see, I made an MPQ file from various BLPs and MDXs and tried to import it in order to use the things I packed inside but importing only one file.
Is there any way I can achive this? (without modifying warcraft 3 original files).

To make it clearer on what I intended to do, I wanted to import various MPQs, so that each one contains, for example, the models, textures, buttons, etc for each character.
Is this possible??

I guess it is possible, but introducing new data within your own warcraft, it does't mean that this data will be displayed properly on other players' computers. Plus, MPQing might have a data source, like a system file, that provides proper communication between the data files (MPQ) with the game. So, it might need a modification of that file as well (don't ask me what the file is, no idea).

Level 15
I guess it is possible, but introducing new data within your own warcraft, it does't mean that this data will be displayed properly on other players' computers. Plus, MPQing might have a data source, like a system file, that provides proper communication between the data files (MPQ) with the game. So, it might need a modification of that file as well (don't ask me what the file is, no idea).

Exactly,you need to establish a communication of your game and your new .mpq file.In addition,those newly imported models/icons/or anything else will work only for your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.