• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about starting units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My question is fairly simple: how do I disable the creation of starting units (hall and 5 workers) for some players, while enabling it for others?

Level 25
Trigger Editor, go to the Map Init trigger, remove the "create starting units for players", create units for each player with triggers instead.

Might have to remove the victory conditions action if you have no preplaced units for the players.

Level 5
Trigger Editor, go to the Map Init trigger, remove the "create starting units for players", create units for each player with triggers instead.

Might have to remove the victory conditions action if you have no preplaced units for the players.

I don't want to do that, because I want races to be selectable (it's a very melee-minded map).

-put that player at player settings to neutral or none
-if it is user player then just pick all & remove unit by the player after 0.1 sec of map start

I guess I could use triggers to pick and remove those units from game. But it seems very sloppy. Isn't there a way around it?

Level 17
I don't want to do that, because I want races to be selectable (it's a very melee-minded map).

I guess I could use triggers to pick and remove those units from game. But it seems very sloppy. Isn't there a way around it?

i dont know other way if still u want make that Player Slots still playable with players....

well to be honest you could do this something like this (just without unit group leak)

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
but result is player 1 instantly get Defeat but atleast didn't see his units....

Level 5
Thanks for suggestions guys. I decided to use triggers after all, time elapsed event with pick units and if/then/else loop. This custom script seems like a really good idea, the reveal system is annoying as hell, although I already enforced victory/defeat conditions with triggers to work around it.

Level 17
Thanks for suggestions guys. I decided to use triggers after all, time elapsed event with pick units and if/then/else loop. This custom script seems like a really good idea, the reveal system is annoying as hell, although I already enforced victory/defeat conditions with triggers to work around it.

i noticed u can use pick unit already in map init if u want and dont need to time elapse

Status
Not open for further replies.