• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about spellbook abilities and normal abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Okay here's the example:

I take the ability stomp and make an ability called 'Rend' and then i copy the ability i just made and change everything and so create the ability 'Carve'.
I create a spellbook called 'Personal Skills' and one called 'Abilities' (Also to create abilities i copy Personal Skills and just change the name and all) now and one also some spellbooks for professions. I put the Rend and Carve ability into one of the profession spellbooks and i create another ability from Firebolt called 'Talk/Interact' and add it to Personal Skills.

Now my question is i have a hero and i add both spellbooks Personal Skills and Abilities to him. But when you open them they both have the Talk/Interact ability in them? wtf? and also a problem that mostly happens when you cast a spell that is copied from the original to not react on its normal name and when cast makes the copied abilities also cooldown. How to stop this? Cant a unit have more then ONE spellbook? I dont get this..

Level 19
unit can have more then one spell book WITH DIFFERENT SPELL ID'S
there is a spellbookid or something
umm vex has a good example map with them anyways

Level 19
There must be a Data - something like spellbook
I dont remember for now wait I'll get WE opened
Data - Base Order ID spellbook
yea this one for sure

Level 19
Eleandor, you were true for sure
well at least everybody got what you mean

The_wand_mirror, Quote: Ehm, i think not. I don't think it works.. or does it?
It does

(Note: I hate using <user name>, message)

Status
Not open for further replies.