• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Question about "minimum forces" and "repeat waves" (GUI AI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hihi guys, I have been searching through the hive's past questions trying to find concrete answers as to what these two terms mean, without any luck, and while i have been playing around with them in the AI editor, I only know what does not work , but not what works (what the two terms mean).

For "repeat waves", i know when it was 0 the the waves only attacked once then the AI did not attack again. When i set it to "2", the waves kept sending the waves and it never ended. So i am clueless as to what repeat waves means.

As for "minimum forces" all i know is if the unit specified does not exist, the AI will not attack ever ( it was set to first hero for me by default and i did not have a hero ). But my question is, does this term mean that the unit must be in existence (i.e it can be sitting in base) for attacks to be sent, or does this mean that every attack must have this "minimum forces". Additionally, I am trying to find out if, when the the attack wave has most units killed, and it is therefore below the "minimum forces" will they retreat? Or it does not have this meaning.

Many thanks in advance guys :p

upload_2018-2-4_5-27-28.png

Level 13
When playing around with the AI editor, I never use "repeat waves." Its function is not important, really.
What is important is the "minimum forces" part.
Yes, they AI will not attack if the minimum forces are not present.

For a greater understanding of how to make an effective AI script, I suggest this tutorial (which I use):
Tutorial: The WC3 AI Editor - Wc3C.net

Also, I highly recommend going into the AI editor and opening the "Grunt Master" AI script made by Blizzard, to see how they do it.
Note how they use conditions and how they set up the AI's forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.