• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] A couple of AI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, Im trying to create a half decent ai using the AI editor. Got 2 issues though.

Sometimes the AI units just stands there idle, in the midst of combat! Anyway to help this behaviour?

Also, I have set the AI to just repeat a wave once, yet it sends wave after wave after wave, messing up my build scheme completly!

Level 6
HunterSeeker said:
Sometimes the AI units just stands there idle, in the midst of combat! Anyway to help this behaviour?

Also, I have set the AI to just repeat a wave once, yet it sends wave after wave after wave, messing up my build scheme completly!

1. Such behaviour may be due to units reaching the destination and then trying to return to the starting location. If they just "stand idle," it also may be a problem related to WC3's unit AI. It sometimes orders the unit to do nothing and there is no way I know to fix it. :( This is unrelated to the AI script.

2. Hmm... it would be best to check how the AI script works. But if you want to work with the AI editor, you could make your normal attack wave separate from the last one. Then make a very long wait until the last attack wave. This just a workaround though, and it's hard to say just seeing your post, what's the real problem.

Cheers,

Tommi

Status
Not open for further replies.