• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question about AI Ability Visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and have done a search but couldn't find the answer so I'm going to ask my question here :)

Basically I am designing a map and have it so when Player Red summons a unit, it makes one for Player Green instead, so Player Red can't control him. However, I want Red to be able to see Greens abilities, but not use them (sort of like how you can see the inventory). Is this possible? I have meddled with the alliance parameters for a while and can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance! :grin:

In your map initialization trigger put the trigger actions (in this order)

• Player - Turn Advanced Shared Unit Control on for player 3 to player 1
  • Player - Turn Shared Unit Control off for player 3 to player 1
This will allow Player 1 to view the hero icons for Player 3 but not have unit control; I don't know if it allows you to see a unit's interface... I think it was Anachron or some other well-known poster who I learned this from.

Edit: I don't think that will work, but you can try it... I don't think the game is capable to display the interface without being able to click it...

I can give you a custom script that will prevent you from issuing orders, but it would affect all of your units, not just the summon...

Status
Not open for further replies.