• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Quest triggering Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I use this trigger (try to):
  • Events
  • Unit-A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ensnare (Neutral Hostile)
  • Actions
  • Unit-Pause(Triggering unit)
  • Set EnsnaredPig=(Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Wait 0.10 seconds
  • Unit-Move EnsnaredPig instantly to (Random point in Pig Mission Spawn <gen>)
  • Game-Display to Player 1 (Red), at offset (0.00, 0.00) for 3.00 seconds the text:
  • Wait 0.05 seconds
  • Unit-Unpause (Triggering unit)
And before someone comment about the design.. it is only for singleplayer use this one..
But I thought of following resons to why it fails:
The spell is from an item that the player uses on the pig
I shouldnt pause hero so soon
Else nothing. Just want to add, it says the message, but doesnt catch or do anything to the pig, not even ensnare it.

Level 13
I think it's because of your event, it should be "a unit starts the effect of an ability" because there is a difference between those two, you event will fire before cooldown and mana and the spell won't work because you paused the caster just when he was going to cast the spell, "starts the effect of an ability" fires when there's nothing you can do to prevent the spell, when the caster has already lost mana and his spell begins to cooldown, understand?

Level 35
I think it's because of your event, it should be "a unit starts the effect of an ability" because there is a difference between those two, you event will fire before cooldown and mana and the spell won't work because you paused the caster just when he was going to cast the spell, "starts the effect of an ability" fires when there's nothing you can do to prevent the spell, when the caster has already lost mana and his spell begins to cooldown, understand?

Diablo said the right thing, i think... and silvernon thanks for replaying, but please do read the post first.... I said item... there is no cooldown or mana involved, and the pause thing doesnt mean anything...in the moment I say begins casting the pig is trapped already... but Diablo I try changing what you suggestet. And to silvernon understand perfectly.. knowed already..

Edit: Didnt work, as I supposed, and it cant be because it is item, because the message is shown, the pig just doesnt get moved..

Level 21
Catch Pigs:

Set EnsnaredPig = (Target unit of ability being cast)

is this action (and all the other actions that follow with "Target unit of ability being cast") working? because while i have not actually tried anything like it, i dont think an ability Target can be used with an item event....the actions must relate to the event and i dont see (correct me if im wrong) how this relates to the event at all.

Level 35
The first trigger I tryid using was with ability being cast, as written in my first post, if I remember right, but it didnt work, same as now where it is only the ingame message that popup. Then someone suggested that I should try with item event insted, but then I doesnt know what to catch the target pig with, so I used the target of ability being cast, becuase the item is casting an ability, but didnt work. Could someone tell: Event, and set target too. Then I could get on with it. While I am writting this I just got an idea, I will return if it work/didnt work.
Edit: My idea didnt work...
REaly hope someone could point out exactly what I should do. This stupid trigger has been blocking my progress for about 6 days now. Realy Realy irritating

Level 21
Try this:

• Oh Noes
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Ensnare (Air)) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Ensnare (General)) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Ensnare (Ground)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: asdfgdsfsg
obviously, add a condition to stop the actions from happening constantely when a unit is ensnared but getting attacked. also you might have to add attack damage to the ensnare ability. i havent tested this but it should work....if not i will give you an improved version.

Level 35
Yes was also trying to use attacked, nut coulnt figure the conditions out, buff condition perfect. Thanks. Now I just have to try it out, and maybe use an other ability then ensnare for the damage.
Where did you find the:
  • ((Triggering unit) has buff Ensnare (General)) Equal to true[Trigger] ?
  • Cant find it...
  • Maybe post a screenshot of where?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.