• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm sorry for posting so many threads, but I'm slowly learning the world editor. My new problem are Quest Messages. I'm trying to add a line to the requirements in the quest message. The first time I did this it worked, then I went to add it as a requirement in my quest log and now nothing I do works. Is there something I'm missing?

Level 9
  • Quest - Create a Required quest titled abc with the description def, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
  • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description lala
works for me. Do not do it at map init though.

I can do it as a requirement (atleast for now), but the problem I'm having is getting it show up when the quest message first activates and you see it on the screen. When I go into my quests tab, its there, just not when it pops up on screen.

Level 26
  • Quest - Create a Required quest titled abc with the description def, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
  • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: moo
  • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Entdeckt
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
  • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description lala
also works for me. How about you show your trigger?

Level 9
  • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: moo
  • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Entdeckt
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
also works for me. How about you show your trigger?

Which section are those triggers in? The one I'm trying to edit is in intro cinematic

Level 26
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest discovered message: moo
    • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Discovered
    • Wait 2.00 seconds

Level 7
Verb8im said:
No, like when you first get a quest and it says "Quest Discovered". I'm trying to edit one that already exists and add a new line to the requirements. I can get it when I go to the log, just not when it first shows as "Quest Discovered".
It's
  • Examp
  • Events:
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
  • Game - Show Quest Disco.... For 5.63 Seconds

Level 9

Attachments

• Quest Message.jpg
    Quest Message.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 122
Level 9
What I recommend you:
  • Game - Show "Text" for 0.00 Sec

Ok so that worked! Thanks! But that was just the text. How do I get the "Main Quest" at the top too?

What I recommend you:
  • Game - Show "Text" for 0.00 Sec

Ok, so I figured out what my original problem was. I was skipping the cinematic, and that's when it wasn't making the changes to the text. But if I let the cinematic play out as normal, it's there. So how do I skip the cinematic and it still have the text I changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.