• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Quest Descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I've seen in multiple maps how they use Dialogs to display quest information like description etc.

I tried this yesterday but the text was all over the screen. So I assume there is some catch to this. I haven't tried formatting the text by hand.

Is this how its done?

Also in many maps I've seen when you click a quest giver, you can cast its spells (which are for example "Talk to this person") which triggers a quest

Do all neutral passive units allow any player to "cast" spells from that unit? Or is there some other catch?

Level 5
#2. I believe the spell you're looking for is "Shop Sharing". I think every buildable shop has it (Arcane vault, tomb of relics, etc.). This lets other players aside from the owner buy items AND use that unit's spells.
I'm not sure if it's that spell, but I can confirm it when I get out of school. ;D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

#2: dont know if its spell but when I was doing something like this I made them sell invisible units and give them to the "units sold", and then just catch the sold unit with triggers.

I didnt really understand #1

#1 is about dialogs. I've seen some maps which use the dialog title to display a large amount of text, but its formatted. When i tried last night, the screen went through the dialog boxes, all over the screen. IT looked really weird

#2. I believe the spell you're looking for is "Shop Sharing". I think every buildable shop has it (Arcane vault, tomb of relics, etc.). This lets other players aside from the owner buy items AND use that unit's spells.
I'm not sure if it's that spell, but I can confirm it when I get out of school. ;D

I see, thank you +rep

Level 5
Oh man I'm embarassing. I said I would confirm it after school, but that was 7 hours ago...
Yeah, it is Shop Sharing. If you want the ability to be used only if the hero/unit is close enough, you would also add in Select Hero/Unit.
If you don't I think the ability can be used as long as the player has sight of the unit? I'm not sure, but I probably can't confirm this due to my crap memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.