• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quel'Thalas - Sunwell's Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So....I decided to reveal something I've been working on for .... some time.

Q: What's the project about?
A: Basically it's a strategy combined a bit with base defense.

Q: How many teams do you have?
A: Actually there are two teams, however I want to add the third team once I get rid of AI consuming the player slot.

Q: What are the teams called?
A: Well, there's obviously first team called Quel'Thalas - it consists of six alive and one computer player. Each alive player (with exception of orange) controls two villages. Their task is to hold the Sunwell for 60 minutes against the aggressor - the Scourge. Plague consists of four alive and one computer player and its task is to destroy High Home of Elves by reaching its power source and desecrating it.

Q: What about the third team?
A: As long as I am forced to use player-slots for AI, I cannot add it. However it'll be called "Amani Remnants" and will consist of trolls from Tor'Watha and Zul'Aman. Their task will be to stop Scourge and destroy Elves at the same time. They will be disadvatanged mostly, but their defensive powers are great.

Q: Oh my god, this is another noob crap made by totally unskilled shit daring to call itself a map maker!
A: No, it's not. I've been working on balancing, adjusting and tweaking loads of things for months.

Q: But it has shitty terrain for sure!
A: No, it doesn't. I asked my friend to do the terrain looking (more or less) equally to the Quel'Thalas from World of Warcraft in its shape.

Q: It has no custom spells, noob!
A: My response is: so what? This is a strategy game, not AoS. It has a few customized spells, but they are as leakless as my triggering knowledge allowed them to be.

Q: Why do you even try to make it?
A: Because I like it. I saw a few maps trying to reflect the Quel'Thalas story, but all of them were below average and full of glitches or bugs, so I decided to make my own one.

Q: What's the ETA for first beta?
A: Uhm...I'm quite not sure, but once my friend adds a few more places for me, I guess that you can expect it in....a month max. 2-4 weeks, I guess.

Q: Is it lore-accurate?
A: Well, it is - partially. I had to move a few characters out of either pre-fall lore or WoW-lore. That's why you'll see some heroes or other creatures, who didn't participate in defense/destruction of Quel.

Q: What's the income system used in?
A: That's definitely a hard question. "Why?" you may ask. The answer is simple: I cannot decide whether it should be AWLR-like income (Control Points), old-DAoW-like income (special places like Silvermoon granting gold) or something else. At the moment it's left as gold mines.

Q: Are there any glitches, which you can abuse?
A: Actually not, I made alternative options for situations, where you could glitch the game (for example hiding a hero in the area, which cannot be opened by enemy without an item).

Q: When can we expect screens from the game?
A: Soon.

Q: Do you think that it has a chance to exist as popular map like AWLR?
A: Bah, I hope so! I don't give it a big chance, however.

[UPDATE] Here are some screenshots:
Silvermoon - Western Part
Silvermoon - Eastern Part
Silvermoon Palace
Sunstrider Isle
Quel'Danas Isle & Sunwell
Tranquillien
Windrunner Spire
Windrunner Village
Zul'Aman

Well, at the moment that's everything. Ask away. I will try to answer as fast as possible.

PS: I'm looking for someone to create a loading screen and preview for me, it would be nice to receive some answers from people, who'd like to volounteer and do those.
PPS: I'm sorry for breaking the rule about map attaching, but I cannot do that at the moment. It'll be fixed as fast as possible.
PPPS: If this is the wrong section, please move it and don't react harshly, I'm still new to the forums and some sections are misguiding.

Last edited:
Level 7
It seems to be good, I like the idea of the "gameplay" and also the purpose to make a blizzlike "Quel' Thalas" (I rlly wish that).

I hope you finish with the "last details" of your project, soon.

Well, thank you. I am pretty much done with object data and triggering, so there are only unit displacement + terrain shape things left to be done.

PS: Tomorrow I'll give a screenshot of one of the places.

Level 9
Awesome terrain there, but Zul'Aman looks too empty, maybe because it's not finished. Anyway, I can do preview and loading screen for you if you want, but you'll have to give me some the pictures you'd like to use because I'm fail at mouse drawing. If you want I can also aid you in interface working on both thread and game, test for glitches and such.

Level 7
Awesome terrain there, but Zul'Aman looks too empty, maybe because it's not finished. Anyway, I can do preview and loading screen for you if you want, but you'll have to give me some the pictures you'd like to use because I'm fail at mouse drawing. If you want I can also aid you in interface working on both thread and game, test for glitches and such.

Hmmm...I'm indeed in need of preview image and loading screen. I'd like to contact you on Northrend if you have an account there or via PM. I'd prefer both though.

About Zul'Aman: Yeah, it's not finished mainly because of AI consuming the slot for trollish (is it me or it sounds so funny?) player so I'm not placing any units at the moment.

About interface: Hmm...I'll think about it.

PS. YES!! Finally some attention! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.