1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pyramid Head (SH2)

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Clang clang thunk scrape everybody! Recently I've been watching one of my friends play Silent Hill 2 and laughing with glee every time he bumps into this enemy!

Happy August 2nd :D

Keywords: Silent, Hill, Pyramid, Head, Monster, Red, Executioner

Changes
-Updated left arm to be less zombie-like
-Updated legs to not clip at knee level
-Updated Screenshot
-Reworked arms and hands
-Reworked Knife
-Added alternate animations
-Remade helmet entirely
-Fixed Portrait
-Updated Screenshot again
Contents

Pyramid Head (SH2) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very nice adaptation of the Silent hill monster. Good and fitting animations, a good skin and a good all-around look. Works in-game and performs well.
  1. purparisien

purparisien

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Impressive ! Very good model !

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    creepy-lookin', i like it :)

something about his, well, head seems off tho.. like the shape of the tip of the pyramid

3. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I remember, that creature was cutting boobs :) 4.5/5 (-0.5 point for animations)

4. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This is one of two screenshots I used as a reference for Pyramid Head, thus explaining the bent tip of the helm.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to break away from the original Zombie animations when working on Pyramid Head :x
    [​IMG]

5. trebla ratilla

trebla ratilla

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    awesome model :infl_thumbs_up:. Silent Hill the pyramid head !

6. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just beautiful... and very useful. I'm RE, SH hardcore fan and Horror-theme in general. 10/10 for identical animation and concept of PH.

7. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well then i don't have anything to complain about x3, well except how his knees clip with the skirt-ish bit of the mesh.. can that be tweaked somehow? it kinda shows when he moves

8. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    commenting to rate.
    This strikes me as a very good model by its unanimated look.
    As I tried to tweak animations before I think I can be trusted when I say the following. The job that was done here with the zombie is, imho, very well done.
    5/5 for me.

I would like to address some criticism i read in the comments in this regard.
    A small reply to Misha
    First, I had to focus to see this defect due to how small that is. Also, to my understanding, it only affects the walk sequence.
    Second, I question the relevancy of this. My opinion is that it is utterly irrelevant for all the common uses of this model.
    Third. It sure can be corrected but the minuscule impact of an improvement wouldn't be worth the effort, always imho.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well actually, that would be something i'd expect Blizzard to say, with how horrible some of their models can be. and yes, i do have a slightly higher standard than you, it seems, so i question you for trying to dismiss what's basically just words of observation

as for whether that should be fixed or not, its entirely up to the author :>

10. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I dismiss not your observations dear sir but the relevancy thereof, which is insufficient to fuel complaints from your part.

More specifically, there's nothing wrong per se in being thorough in observation, paying attention to little clipping details. It just goes to show an analytical tendency of yours which is a valuable feature in many ways.

Also nothing wrong in having higher standards than mine, which is frankly quite easy a thing to achieve.

It's helpful and a good thing that you point out details which have imperfections.
    It would make complete sense that you show interest for an improvement of an aspect of the animation that you care about, leading you to ask to correct it (politely).
    What is not right here is that you outright express a complaint for this imperfection, overemphasizing its relevancy in a way that is incorrect, and in my opinion unjust towards the overall good work that was done here. This is the only reason for my answers.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  11. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Impressive indeed and +1 for having two attack animations.

12. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This model is getting an update fairly soon which features a reworked helmet and arms alongside alternate animations featuring the spear.

13. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A very nice adaptation of the Silent hill monster. Good and fitting animations, a good skin and a good all-around look.
    Works in-game and performs well.

14. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is the best Pyramid Head model I've seen on the site so far!

For some reason, I can't help but think of what a Jason Voorhees model would look like with this mesh and these animations. Maybe because yesterday was Friday the 13th? Anyway, if you're feeling like fulfilling a request sometime, there's one for you.

15. Grey Knight

Grey Knight

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why anyone good at making walk animations
    but for me making walk animation is way too hard