• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PvP AoS/RPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Notes->
  • Firstly, I'd like to note it won't be a save/load rpg or anything like that.
  • Secondly, The storyline and name is undecided.
  • Thirdly, Whether it will be medieval or starcraft 2 ish, or modern, is undecided.
  • I will possibly design modes for medieval and SC2 styles.
The map is intended to be slightly like DotA (A little more Arena'ish though) but with a role playing feel.

In the beginning your team will be randomly selected to be either defenders or invaders. The storyline depends on what faction is defending or attacking (So the storyline could be 'good guys' invading 'bad guys' or vice versa.) Once you're on a team, your team gets 1 minute (maybe more) to talk about who plays as what (Healer, Tank, DPS) all rolls will become vital in the game. Once you are selecting a dialog will come up with a list of these three roles. Once you select a role, you are taken to a portion of the map where you can see all the heroes that are classified in that role.

Each hero will have a talent tree and many unlockable skills.

--Gameplay--

There are two objectives in the game, they just depend on what side you're playing on. If you're the invaders you will have different missions on each level that include bombing gate's, infiltrating bases and more undecided content. The Defenders will always have an objective point they have to destroy to stop the invader's from completing their mission. If the Invader's complete their mission, they advance on to the next level. Which will be a new arena with a new objective. If the Invaders lose, a score will be tallied up based on how well they did. Then the defenders and Invaders switch sides (you keep your hero your team becomes the opposing faction and the storyline changes). Once the New Invaders lose, or win, the game ends and the team with the best score wins.

--Modes--
Role Playing mode

In Role Playing mode, the game is done as said above. This is basically the Normal setting.
Competitive Mode

This mode is set up very much like Left For Dead. The Invaders win or lose and they switch sides with defenders and the new invaders complete the same mission they were just on. Then if the new invaders win or lose both teams advance to the next level and switch places. It keeps going until the arena's have all been completed. The final scores will be tallied up and the team with the highest score wins.
(Clan Games Recommended, players may leave because it's very lengthy.)
Last notes->
There will be items to purchase, and there will be item combinations. I may make a highscore board on a website that will be made for this.

m4pya.jpg

5b50l.jpg

Please leave suggestions and comments!

Last edited:
Level 7
sounds interesting if you need anyhelp testing just let me know and i can help out. sry not much good at anything else lol!

Level 7
pm the thing to add you to my friends list. i dont remeber mine lol ill just add you whenever i can get on atm its still down

Level 3
Sounds sort of like a mixture of Strands of the Ancients and Isle of Conquest battlegrounds from WoW, could be pretty cool. If you need any help I can terrain pretty well and not too bad with data editor, still learning it. Or if you just need help with testing I'd be glad to when it comes to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.