• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Puzzle Hints, Help & Solutions Thread

Level 4
alright i searched through this whole forum: where can I find the totem for "old Rituals"? I searched the forest and more around the western entrance for about 20minutes and found nothing.
Also i found the pristine emerald but don't know what to do with it, tried a lot of places. (is it later needed?)
then I also only need the Titansfordge head or so, it should have to do with the dead warriors blood or so, but nothing dropped for me, also I can't open the grave with anything "magical". please help

Ok your playing an old version so this might be more or less right.
The totem can usually be found around the forest where the emerald was. Try selecting the walls it looks like a doodads.
The emerald can be used later.
I think the blood must be poured into the grave, not sure.

Level 2
Ok your playing an old version so this might be more or less right.
The totem can usually be found around the forest where the emerald was. Try selecting the walls it looks like a doodads.
The emerald can be used later.
I think the blood must be poured into the grave, not sure.
again a newer version? damn. just checked, I play V2.4.0.
alright I try searching for it again. Where can I get the blood from? From the Boss with the limited-number-of-attacks-challenge?

Level 4
again a newer version? damn. just checked, I play V2.4.0.
alright I try searching for it again. Where can I get the blood from? From the Boss with the limited-number-of-attacks-challenge?
Yes spas updates the map occasionally, it's always better with the latest version.
The blood is dropped by the skelly warrior in the vault after passing the twin doors he requires an item "threads thing" for him to give you the blood. Honestly the legendary quest line is too much trouble by the time I usually finish it I'm too buffed to make use of the reward :grin: again since old version this info might be a little off

Level 2
Yes spas updates the map occasionally, it's always better with the latest version.
The blood is dropped by the skelly warrior in the vault after passing the twin doors he requires an item "threads thing" for him to give you the blood. Honestly the legendary quest line is too much trouble by the time I usually finish it I'm too buffed to make use of the reward :grin: again since old version this info might be a little off
still couldn't find the idol but oh well, maybe just a bug. the other hint, helped a lot! got everything now, thanks a lot! :D

Level 1
Hello, so I might be majorly stupid here but, since I found the item with which I am meant to be able to interact with ghosts I've found a few of said ghosts, one of which in the same area and one near a demon boss-fight. Am I meant to interact with them in any way? Because I put the item in my backpack and I can not seem to find any way to interact with them, neither with the interact "skill" nor by clicking on them.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello, so I might be majorly stupid here but, since I found the item with which I am meant to be able to interact with ghosts I've found a few of said ghosts, one of which in the same area and one near a demon boss-fight. Am I meant to interact with them in any way? Because I put the item in my backpack and I can not seem to find any way to interact with them, neither with the interact "skill" nor by clicking on them.
Your backpack obtains a new ability. Check it out.
These ghosts don't contain major hints that force you to interact with them in order to progress through the map. They're more about the lore and some minor hints.

Level 3
Hello, I saw a skeleton guy near the fountain where you get a bucket too, how can you get past the volcano tho? I seem to die quite fast, also, any1 tried to solo with seeneria(mage) After 3h Im kinda loading a lot to not spend cash a lot on the furbs, is it worth continuing or not? Thanks.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Hello, I saw a skeleton guy near the fountain where you get a bucket too, how can you get past the volcano tho? I seem to die quite fast, also, any1 tried to solo with seeneria(mage) After 3h Im kinda loading a lot to not spend cash a lot on the furbs, is it worth continuing or not? Thanks.
You just have to tank up to pass that volcano. Although my advice is to ignore that :D. Imo Mage isnt a good choice for soloing. She's insanely strong in late game with a team though.

Senneria

Level 6
I know someone solo'd insane HC as a mage. Don't recall the time that took, however.

Level 1
Hi, I managed to teleport to the purple runes.. BUT now I AM STUCK!! Lol!
What am I supposed to do??

Level 4
Hi, I managed to teleport to the purple runes.. BUT now I AM STUCK!! Lol!
What am I supposed to do??
You mean the teleportation runes. Just use a resurrection stone to get out. Try to have your latest stone off cd when you use the device.

Level 1
Hi guys I’m stuck at the massive ruined gate before the library. I know you have to control the golem to destroy the gate but I’ve used all of them to fight the boss. What can I do?

Level 4
Hi guys I’m stuck at the massive ruined gate before the library. I know you have to control the golem to destroy the gate but I’ve used all of them to fight the boss. What can I do?
Sadly if you lost both golems you are stuck, better reload a previous save or restart the run. In the next patches this will be changed so yeah.

Level 2
Are there special items that shoveling pick can dig?

Can the Skull of Gaskal, Babu's Repair Kit, Temple Tablet, Puzzle Box of the Old Gods be used is some way?

It said that the Skeletal Key can only be randomly obtained in early areas. Until where does the early areas end?

Senneria

Level 6
Are there special items that shoveling pick can dig?

Can the Skull of Gaskal, Babu's Repair Kit, Temple Tablet, Puzzle Box of the Old Gods be used is some way?

It said that the Skeletal Key can only be randomly obtained in early areas. Until where does the early areas end?

If memory serves only Skull of Gaskal can be used - but that's a secret.

Senneria

Level 6
Any hints at all? I was hoping that the Puzzle Box would at least have some special significance as the item dropped has a red color.

Someone very early in the map longs for the skull, hidden away behind something that will burn you.

Level 2
Someone very early in the map longs for the skull, hidden away behind something that will burn you.
Speaking of, shouldn't the Mote of Fire make me invulnerable to the dps in volcano? I mean technically it is an elemental fire.

Do you guys have any plans for the Puzzle Box? I really thought it would be special since it was a relic and the item is red. Also, would all relics have some special uses in the future, or would others serve as a red herring?

Senneria

Level 6
Speaking of, shouldn't the Mote of Fire make me invulnerable to the dps in volcano? I mean technically it is an elemental fire.

Do you guys have any plans for the Puzzle Box? I really thought it would be special since it was a relic and the item is red. Also, would all relics have some special uses in the future, or would others serve as a red herring?

The volcano is not elemental fire - it's natural fire.

In the future the classification of "Relic" will be removed, as it confuses players.
They are meant to signify that there is important lore behind the item, not hidden easter eggs.

Level 2
In the future the classification of "Relic" will be removed, as it confuses players.
They are meant to signify that there is important lore behind the item, not hidden easter eggs.
Why not just have Relic classification as something that has important lore, and as well as special usage in game?

Senneria

Level 6
Why not just have Relic classification as something that has important lore, and as well as special usage in game?

It spreads more confusion than anything, and a classification that applies to only 2 items seems a bit silly.

Level 1
hey guys, first of all, i just wanna say great game, can't stop playing it lol. logged in over 20 hours on the weekend. i mostly found most of the relics and hiddens by myself. I just can't seem to find the skull of gaskal. can anybody give me a small hint of where to look? Thanks

Level 2
It spreads more confusion than anything, and a classification that applies to only 2 items seems a bit silly.
Are you going to add a different classification or are you going to forgo them all entirely? Also, why do some items have red color when dropped?

What can void sphere do? Can Oris do nothing now?

Last edited:

Senneria

Level 6
Are you going to add a different classification or are you going to forgo them all entirely? Also, why do some items have red color when dropped?

What can void sphere do? Can Oris do nothing now?

Oris has been disabled due to a bug that prevents people from controlling their heroes.

The classification will be completely removed.

Void Sphere is used for a secret.

Senneria

Level 6
hey guys, first of all, i just wanna say great game, can't stop playing it lol. logged in over 20 hours on the weekend. i mostly found most of the relics and hiddens by myself. I just can't seem to find the skull of gaskal. can anybody give me a small hint of where to look? Thanks

You won't have access to the skull until after you defeat the final boss.

Level 2
For items that have special usage in game but are disguised as a normal item, would you add hints to them? I remember one having a normal description but actually had a special use.

Why do some items have a red color when dropped? Was that an accident?

Senneria

Level 6
For items that have special usage in game but are disguised as a normal item, would you add hints to them? I remember one having a normal description but actually had a special use.

Why do some items have a red color when dropped? Was that an accident?

There aren't any red item names left in the map - if you refer to orange for Relics, that will be gone with the relics themselves moving forward.

For items with special use - items like Phase Teleporter, Chest Keys, Torch of Kalisea etc - those items have no combat stats & has flavour text, which we believe is a clear indicator that they have special usage.
Therefore we won't change classification of these.
For Relics with special usage see above answer regarding relics.

Level 1
Hi everyone, i only started playing a few days ago and ive been having a lot of fun playing solo, ive been trying to get a mote of fire for my sulfuras.
spent hours loading and reloading dense monster packs with high magic find. my current strategy is reloading queens temple and having magic find on 0 and opening chests to more likely get green quality items. i know its cheesy as hell but i just wanted some confirmation on if mote of fire is a green quality item and if it can be found in chests please? :D

Senneria

Level 6
Hi everyone, i only started playing a few days ago and ive been having a lot of fun playing solo, ive been trying to get a mote of fire for my sulfuras.
spent hours loading and reloading dense monster packs with high magic find. my current strategy is reloading queens temple and having magic find on 0 and opening chests to more likely get green quality items. i know its cheesy as hell but i just wanted some confirmation on if mote of fire is a green quality item and if it can be found in chests please? :D

Mote of Fire is obtained via a puzzle - there is no RNG involved, and it does not drop from chests.

Level 1
Mote of Fire is obtained via a puzzle - there is no RNG involved, and it does not drop from chests.
ty so much for the reply dude, im playing on the 2.2.8 version as i cant get the version on here to show up in my map list. is the mote obtained in a puzzle still on that version? im only level 12 so may not of seen the puzzle yet.

Level 2
Patch 2.4.4
Cannot find key for massive ruined gate.
There is no blue circle by merchant.
Using inspect on fire pit does not work.
Inspected all available blue circles and doodads of interest.

Please help.

Senneria

Level 6
Patch 2.4.4
Cannot find key for massive ruined gate.
There is no blue circle by merchant.
Using inspect on fire pit does not work.
Inspected all available blue circles and doodads of interest.

Please help.

The puzzle has been changed - you need to find something to douse the fire in order to obtain the key.

Level 2
What I mean by red items is this (screenshot).

So for relics with special usage, the properties that gives stats to the player will be gone?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 472

SpasMaster

Level 23
That red coloring was purely cosmetic from older versions and it was just forgotten to be removed.

So for relics with special usage, the properties that gives stats to the player will be gone?
No. Relics are often times also cosmetic. Some have special usage, some do not. To avoid confusion, Relics will be removed altogether.

Level 2
Moved further into the game.

Have
- broken Tiara
- Magnetic orb
- Kilsean torch
- Skeleton key
- Ruby from the satyr boss

Not sure where to go or what to do to find out what to do with these.

Theres a door that requires a key right before Riplash (Naga) boss, dunno how to.get that open. Reached four and a half hours of play time and I'm completely out of ideas

Also I feel like the water works is misleading. I did both of the combinations for the first door, and neither worked. The eyes glowing means it's on, right?

Also, theres a fire pit and a spike trap, are they scripted instant death?

Level 2
I must say I am equally impressed and frustrated that I cannot google my way through this map.

Very well designed, and big ups to the community for not giving everything away outright.

Level 4
Moved further into the game.

Have
- broken Tiara
- Magnetic orb
- Kilsean torch
- Skeleton key
- Ruby from the satyr boss

Not sure where to go or what to do to find out what to do with these.

Theres a door that requires a key right before Riplash (Naga) boss, dunno how to.get that open. Reached four and a half hours of play time and I'm completely out of ideas

Also I feel like the water works is misleading. I did both of the combinations for the first door, and neither worked. The eyes glowing means it's on, right?

Also, theres a fire pit and a spike trap, are they scripted instant death?
First that door near riplash has a key very near to his battle area. one of the items you mentioned is the item you need to use to get it. (name is clue already) the other is also needed later the others are optional items for optional rewards. as for the waterworks the combination has always been the same yes light up is on . yes fire is bad :infl_thumbs_up: