• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Puzzle Hints, Help & Solutions Thread

Level 2
still can't figure it out.. please help me with this ruined gate, I can't see any sign of progress in my gameplay, I can't see any lever for that gate. please reply ASAP

Level 1
Hello guys can someone tell me how to craft sulfuras hand of ragnaros.
I have the elemental forger and eye of sulfuras it tells me to find a forge where is that?

Level 1
After defeating the Tidebreaker, I walked up and beat the Flesh Golem. Based on the info I gathered from this thread, I assume the Flesh Golem would drop a magnetic orb but it didn't. More importantly, I've found out that the fight with the Flesh Golem is not even compulsory after reload and play a couple times. Any hint/suggestions on what I am missing here?

P.S: I've got Broken Queen's Tiara from Edril, Spiritrealm Cloak in my backpack at the moment.

Level 6
After defeating the Tidebreaker, I walked up and beat the Flesh Golem. Based on the info I gathered from this thread, I assume the Flesh Golem would drop a magnetic orb but it didn't. More importantly, I've found out that the fight with the Flesh Golem is not even compulsory after reload and play a couple times. Any hint/suggestions on what I am missing here?

P.S: I've got Broken Queen's Tiara from Edril, Spiritrealm Cloak in my backpack at the moment.

You need to look out for another golems remains.

Level 1
I have a bowl and a recipe for the queen scepter. What should I do with these items? And I do not understand what to do with dirt. How to find a shovel?

Level 2
The bowl is probably for watering a certain plant you have come across earlier in the game. It needs water from a very specific source, but once you come across the source you will know it.
The recipe for the Queen's Sceptre works like any other recipe in the game, only that the ingredients are harder to get. It is possible that you sold one of the ingredients already, then you won't be able to get the sceptre. But it is not necessary to finish the map, it is simply a pretty good item for some heroes.

I have no idea where to get tools to dig up the dirt in the current version of the map, would love to get some hints on that myself.

Level 1
The bowl is probably for watering a certain plant you have come across earlier in the game. It needs water from a very specific source, but once you come across the source you will know it.
The recipe for the Queen's Sceptre works like any other recipe in the game, only that the ingredients are harder to get. It is possible that you sold one of the ingredients already, then you won't be able to get the sceptre. But it is not necessary to finish the map, it is simply a pretty good item for some heroes.

I have no idea where to get tools to dig up the dirt in the current version of the map, would love to get some hints on that myself.
Thanks for this. Now I for the complete transmission is not enough to understand how to get spiritreal cloak. open the right door of the master's chamber to open the kalisean arena and the door above it

Level 3
The tools can be found near the Gold Mine. Very, VERY close to where you found the Torch.
My question is about the T'Raqui Obelisks. I can't for the life of me imagine what 'right item' is needed for the summoning ritual. Spiritrealm Cloak doesn't show any ghosts that give hints either.

Level 6
The tools can be found near the Gold Mine. Very, VERY close to where you found the Torch.
My question is about the T'Raqui Obelisks. I can't for the life of me imagine what 'right item' is needed for the summoning ritual. Spiritrealm Cloak doesn't show any ghosts that give hints either.

You need a rare drop item to be able to interact with them.
When you are high level, try to farm some caves which the creeps are coming from periodically.

Level 2
Hi everyone.
I have some question
1. What need to complete the Old rituals quest and where to find it, I found an emerald, but not it.
2. I see a rare boss near the World Tree, but can't kill it. What is it for?
Plz help. thank you very much

Level 4
Hi everyone.
I have some question
1. What need to complete the Old rituals quest and where to find it, I found an emerald, but not it.
2. I see a rare boss near the World Tree, but can't kill it. What is it for?
Plz help. thank you very much

1. You need his idol/totem look around the next area for it.
2. A rare drop will wake him up.

Level 2
1. You need his idol/totem look around the next area for it.
2. A rare drop will wake him up.
thanks you for fast reply.
But I seached every centimet in the wood but find no thing, really upset @@. I'm about to finish the map soon, so don't wanna miss something.

Level 1
how do I fix the lever to get the corridor key

add info:
used the explosive alchemist gave me somewhere else

there are no gate keys in my inventory (used the keys in the table before Haris and for using magnetic orb)

Level 1
Hey there;

Can anyone give me a lead on where to find the Light Prism? I’m pretty sure it’s used in the Legendary Power quest, and I already have the handle and elixir, I just need the head of the hammer, and I believe I need the prism to advance on that front. I’ve searched the map top to bottom, but haven’t found it. Keep in mind I can be half blind sometimes, so if it’s in a super obvious place and I just totally missed it, don’t judge me too harshly. xD

Level 4
Hey there;

Can anyone give me a lead on where to find the Light Prism? I’m pretty sure it’s used in the Legendary Power quest, and I already have the handle and elixir, I just need the head of the hammer, and I believe I need the prism to advance on that front. I’ve searched the map top to bottom, but haven’t found it. Keep in mind I can be half blind sometimes, so if it’s in a super obvious place and I just totally missed it, don’t judge me too harshly. xD

I think the quest path you're looking for is near the troll dungeon. Those circle of powers.

Level 1
1. I can't complete Far and Seer quest because i can't distroy the 4th obelisk. The round stone door returns a "find a mechanism" message. I looked around and i found a lever that opens the magic field nearby. Stuck here for like 4 hours and it drives me crazy .
2. I set the power runes near the troll dungeon to the south with the same colours as the little runes above but nothing happened. What's the catch with them?
3. I got the mechanism from the broken pipe near the troll village but i can't find a use to it. And god knows i tried it it on everything.
Thank you for a awesome map. I

Level 4
1. I can't complete Far and Seer quest because i can't distroy the 4th obelisk. The round stone door returns a "find a mechanism" message. I looked around and i found a lever that opens the magic field nearby. Stuck here for like 4 hours and it drives me crazy .
2. I set the power runes near the troll
dungeon to the south with the same colours as the little runes above but nothing happened. What's the catch with them?
3. I got the mechanism from the broken pipe near the troll village but i can't find a use to it. And god knows i tried it it on everything.
Thank you for a awesome map. I

1. The door needs something to push it's switch which is directly in front of it.
2. Where did you follow the colors, maybe it was the wrong sequence.
3. It will be useful later.

Level 1
I must be blind because i can't see any switch in front of it.:(

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 1,122
Level 1
Where can I download older patches of sunken city?

My warcraft version is on 1.27b and I cant run the latest version of the map. Maps I found on epic war are hellofabuggy.

Thank you. ^_^

Level 1
hello,

Looking for help on a hero build. I play Solo and need help with a hero and what route to take with points and talents and such to make a smooth solo run. ive tried a few and at some point or another I can't seem to kill anything effectively -

Thanks

Level 2
Hello, I am completely stuck in atalai’s chamber. I think I need to activate the portal, but I am not sure( The deactivated circle of power right before the last room). Any hint whatsoever on how to further proceed in the map is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Level 4
Hello, I am completely stuck in atalai’s chamber. I think I need to activate the portal, but I am not sure( The deactivated circle of power right before the last room). Any hint whatsoever on how to further proceed in the map is greatly appreciated, thank you!

im guessing you haven't fought him yet, you need to summon him via his staff, try backtracking and look for his staff , it's just standing around.

Level 2
im guessing you haven't fought him yet, you need to summon him via his staff, try backtracking and look for his staff , it's just standing around.

Thank you very much! Couldn’t have imagined I left the staff laying around, but apparently I did.

Level 2
I have 2 more questions if anyone is willing to help. I have completed (I think) most of the map and I finished it a couple of times already. 2 things still elude me:

1. I have not been able to open the gate of life in the master’s chamber because I have never gotten the key drop so I do not know what that leads to (the aspects key, I managed to get, though).
2. I do not know what to do with the spectral dagger, I initially thought it has something to do with the fiery pit next to the anvil, but it seems it doesn’t, I saw in a bookshelf something regarding the knife Feric used (won’t continue so I don’t spoil the map’s storyline), but I didn’t manage to find any links between that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Love the map! By far the best map I have played in wc3 rivaling gaia’s retaliation. Thank you SpasMaster and everyone putting their efforts into this map.

Level 4
@torrific
1. The key is a rare mob drop getting more magic drop can help get it. The reward inside is as powerful as the one from the aspect door.
2. It's just a weapon , so far it has no connection to the lore

Level 1
Great map so far, but I am absolutely floored at the massive gate before the library... Everything else I've managed to do but this one is a complete stumper. I've read other hints saying look for something massive nearby...? But I can literally find n.o.t.h.i.n.g. What exactly am I supposed to look for and use? I've used my 'C' ability on basically everything at this point. Any clear idea would be appreciated!

Level 2
Great map so far, but I am absolutely floored at the massive gate before the library... Everything else I've managed to do but this one is a complete stumper. I've read other hints saying look for something massive nearby...? But I can literally find n.o.t.h.i.n.g. What exactly am I supposed to look for and use? I've used my 'C' ability on basically everything at this point. Any clear idea would be appreciated!

You already found the “massive” thing and probably used it too. Even though you can use it to do your bidding, perhaps it is not an item that you should be looking for...

Level 1
Wow its the golems?? why are they able to die then? That's seriously hardcore haha! RIP entire 7 hours.

Level 2
Wow its the golems?? why are they able to die then? That's seriously hardcore haha! RIP entire 7 hours.

Even though belshan has divine armor you can still kill him without using the golems, or at least by using just one of them, I am not sure how you managed to kill both of them xD are you playing on insane, singleplayer?

Level 1
Yeah I am haha. I've soloed most of the content with death knight. Tough in the beginning but a little slow but my sustain is good enough to tank through anything :). I'm just surprised you can actually kill your ability to finish the map!

I spammed both the golems due to them just having the ability to do more damage quicker since that fight was just a slog.

Something to remember I guess

Level 13
is it possible to hit a dead end by using up keys for optional quests?

we are stuck in the area in front of the garden (near the world tree). we used up 2 gate keys so far, one to get to the upper area of the temple and one for the room with the explosives (which we used in the vault),
now we don't have any keys left (except moon key).

other dead ends we have:
- energy barrier near the acolyte (who is asking for the tombstone)
- gate next to the Night Elf Warrior
- left gate of the twin corridors

any hints?

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
You missed a gate key either from the table near the acolyte, or from a well in the area of the enchantress.
On the live version the only way to get stuck on progression is if you lose both golems on the Bel'shan fight - this has been addressed in the next version that is currently being developed & tested.

Level 2
alright i searched through this whole forum: where can I find the totem for "old Rituals"? I searched the forest and more around the western entrance for about 20minutes and found nothing.
Also i found the pristine emerald but don't know what to do with it, tried a lot of places. (is it later needed?)
then I also only need the Titansfordge head or so, it should have to do with the dead warriors blood or so, but nothing dropped for me, also I can't open the grave with anything "magical". please help