• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pure Legacy Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, I just wanted to say that I'm glad your not taking any of that shit from the burning crusade and wrath of the lich king, and that i think if you just stick with the original WoW like you currently are, then this will be an incredible map :D

Level 6
I think this will be an incredible mod too.

Btw, I think the recent content is great. How is a game suppost to develop, if nothing is suppose to change?

Level 8
Btw, I think the recent content is great. How is a game supposed to develop, if nothing is suppose to change?

A kiddie would post a defense for easy mode =)

You wouldn't understand unless you played/raided Pre-BC and I mean BWL + not MC or Ony lol.

What happened is everyone would take months to prepare to just enter MC and another month or two to get everyone geared up for BWL, to get geared up you needed to get attuned get resistance gear, which was all pricey in gold/time then players would go to AQ then Naxx, I was in Naxx downing patch/nerub/Razu etc...

What happened is that they made greens in BC better than our gear that we spent a good 6+ months getting, making it basically just for show. Then they made raiding 10x easier etc... If they would've left the game how it was and started to continue making raiding hard then we would've been happy. As time has shown us, Easymode = more profitable

I could go on =)

Level 25
Ah, I get what you mean. Well greens will never be better than a purple item. In some cases, maybe better than blue, but certainly not better than an epic or legendary. Not sure why Blizzard made level 62 items surpass some raid gear. Very stupid in my opinion.

When Wc3:WoW is all setup with instances and so on, which may never happen unless Yixx stays forever or we can always have people to work on the triggers, you won't have to worry about finding an easy-to-get item that surpasses an item you spent days, weeks, or longer to get.

Sorry to say this Yabooer, but easy mode for a mod that's still relatively new as far as playability goes is a must to keep attention and to make playtesting easier. If play testing is difficult from the start, people generally tend to not report a single thing because it was too boring or too challenging and just frustrates the hell out of them to the point that they don't really care about helping out with improving whatever pissed them off. Usually it's the mindset of testers that "the devs won't do anything about this anyway..." that makes this happen. So, working on making it easy to level, kill stuff, make money, and all that is actually good at an early phase. Look at Mortal Online for example. Wasn't difficult to make money for a while, then they apparently got comfortable with the amount of testers and fans and decided it was time to start taking the path they wanted for the final product of the game.

/lecture

Level 6
What do you mean how is it supposed to develop? Explain in-depth please. :smile:

Well, many players of WoW really dislike the changed blizzard has made for WoW.

Yabooer: I suppose you liked waiting for the other 39 party members to show up to the raid? And then, like 10-15 of them suddenly logging off, or lingering somewhere on the others side of Azeroth.

Warriors having to do ALL THE WORK, and then getting all the loot.

40-man raid causing lag to some computers that puts Dalaran lag to shame.

Shammies one-shotting you with lava burst (sorry for pronouncing the name wrong, if I did. Haven't played WoW for months. I'm playing fiesta atm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP1dwjt-PZo&feature=player_embedded# Might not be you guys cup of tea, though).

Nowadays, it is much easier to get epics from raids n stuff. Back then, it took forever. Now, I know your gonna say something along the lines of "but it took skill"...or something of the sort. I don't know, maybe I am just impatient. Everybody has their opinion. My opinion is that I like where WoW is at now. Blizzard did some stupid things, I admit, but still.

Level 8
I actually just a week ago threw in my 9.99 euros for the first month it comes out.

I'm not saying the beginning has to be hard I'm just saying I don't want raiding something that should be challenging and take skill and time etc... be just tank and spank. It shouldn't happen there were instances that took more skill than raiding does in WoTLK.

Also when you were in a raiding guild that waiting for 39 people was never a problem. We always had 40 people waiting to raid, if one had to attend to RL problems there were 10-30 back up players online waiting to fill that spot up.

Every class did something it wasn't just warriors. Hunters had to Tranq control their dps, mages had to CC dps paladins could off tank or heal. Etc... I could go further into detail but I won't.

Before you go throwing accusations you should make sure you know what you're talking about =)

Either way this is most definitely a thread where I'm hating on WoW and I'll stop, seeing how it is off topic and will just cause controversy.
Oof if you want to continue to talk about this PM me.

Level 3
I actually just a week ago threw in my 9.99 euros for the first month it comes out.

I'm not saying the beginning has to be hard I'm just saying I don't want raiding something that should be challenging and take skill and time etc... be just tank and spank. It shouldn't happen there were instances that took more skill than raiding does in WoTLK.

Also when you were in a raiding guild that waiting for 39 people was never a problem. We always had 40 people waiting to raid, if one had to attend to RL problems there were 10-30 back up players online waiting to fill that spot up.

Every class did something it wasn't just warriors. Hunters had to Tranq control their dps, mages had to CC dps paladins could off tank or heal. Etc... I could go further into detail but I won't.

Before you go throwing accusations you should make sure you know what you're talking about =)

Either way this is most definitely a thread where I'm hating on WoW and I'll stop, seeing how it is off topic and will just cause controversy.
Oof if you want to continue to talk about this PM me.

If you want hard and challenging content, do hardmodes. I'm guessing you've never heard of 25man hardmode Lich King :wink: I think what you're experiencing is a serious case of nostalgia. Back then, there were so many bugs, and servers were very unstable. Right now, though, there is content for players both casual and hardcore.

Level 8
Trust me, hard modes will never compare to old raiding, pre BC Naxx was one of the most fun & strategic instances back then, was very fun. Not to mention everyone that plays WoW right now could walk into BWL and wipe most likely. Due to not knowing the correct strats.

But please, PM me, don't post on here. Just too off topic.

Level 25
Hard mode? Are you referring to the optional "Heroic" mode which is more challenging mobs, bosses, and better loot/gear drops? And as for Wc3:WoW as a whole, the player will not be able to choose a Easy, Normal, or Hard difficulty. You can't in World of Warcraft, so you can't in Wc3:WoW. I don't care if Wc3:WoW is single player! Optional difficulties will not be available in Wc3:WoW except for the ones that allow you to do so in World of Warcraft. For example as I've said above, Heroic. I kind of have a feeling Blizzard Entertainment will add a new difficult mode after Heroic in Cataclysm or after Cataclysm. It could help keep the instances more alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.