• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ulduar, Exodar, Silvermoon and more to ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Are you adding zones that wasn't in World Of Warcraft, but World Of Warcraft:Burning Crusade or World Of Warcraft:Wrath Of The Lich King? Like Exodar, Silvermoon, Ulduar, Outland and Northrend? And special events like Hallow's End and New Year? That would be awesome!
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Level 34
XD lol (btw im not your fan i just watched this from the begining) and it already takes 1-2 years if im right
It's been in progress for more than two years. I don't even remember when it started, Craka would know though.

Level 25
The project has been under development since 2004 I believe. I took over probably around 2006... I don't even remember.

Sorry for assuming everyone who watches the development progress of Wc3:WoW to be a 'fan'. I actually read an article at gamedev.net that states that guys like me should refer to everyone watching the project as simply 'players' or something generic, without insisting they like the project. My mistake! :grin:

Level 18
Craka i got a couple of questions for you

1: How long do you think it would take until the total game is ready your whole live?
2: How are you going to get more people intrested if this already takes so long
3: Isnt it time for som new screens to keep people intrested?

Level 25
1. I doubt we'll 100% complete it - if the team stays even after SC2, then we'll see - but you can expect a fun and stable version of Wc3:WoW (not a public beta, but an actual demo) possibly in two years. I don't know. Progress always jumps up and down, so if things stay up, in two years, you can expect a version you might not want to miss. As for the public beta, not too long I hope. I don't want to make any promises, since we've missed just about all of them in the past.

2. When we reveal more of the project - probably when we have an ingame video ready - I expect more people to be interested since we'll show off the goods of the project.

3. Heh. It's about time to show off another video. But unfortunately, progress is too slow and there's still much to get done. I'll try to work on the terrain more to refresh everyone's anticipation, though.

Level 25
Then don't wait two years. No one is forcing you to wait. Although I do understand where you're coming from; no one wants to wait forever, especially for a mod. I just so happen to really enjoy developing the project and the attention it receives motivates me to continue, so that's why I've stuck with the project and am continuing to do so. But because it's taking far too long, that is why I am pushing the team to work faster and harder. But what Wc3:WoW really needs to get completed in a reasonable time-frame is more skilled/experienced developers. Modelers, texture artists, JASS coders, etc.

I'll try my best to get this out to you and everyone else as soon as we can...

Status
Not open for further replies.