• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any suggested WoW campaign for Wc3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, i've never played WoW cuz blizzard swapped Warcraft from a strategy game to a RPG and cuz i didn't have Internet access in 2005 cuz i live in a 3rd world country -boy this could take a while-. Anyway, are there any WoW campaigns here in the hive for WC3 with the exact same stroy of the Burning Crusade and The wrath of the lich king?

Level 21
All three of those campaigns are about Warcraft Novels and not WoW novels. Their story still makes some sense and those campaigns are good.

The closest to WoW campaign you will find are Curse of the Forsaken Ones, Rise of the High Elves and Tides of War. They don't follow Wow 100% and instead authors took few liberties for better or worse but campaigns are definitely worth playing if you like RTS campagns (they need more love). There is no exact same story campaign.

Level 21
Well difference is easy to see if we use common sense. Books were out in 2001 so they pre-date Wc3, and thus are even less related to WoW events. Last Guardian is set in First War (Wc1), Day of the Dragon is after Second War (after wc2 but unclear if before Wc2 expansion) and Lord of the Clan is prequel to Wc3.

Point it is original post asked for campaigns representing WoW in-game events and not novels set before warcraft 3.

Level 21
"WoW game" events, not "WoW universe" events. The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandoria campaigns or at least events set in those times like the Tides of War, Cycle of Hatred (well ok between wc3 and wow), Night of the Dragon etc. The story and events after Warcraft 3, that is what he specified. The 3 novels you said are part of Warcraft history but are not part of time in which WoW games itself are set.

Wait why are we even arguing we gave him some of the best campaigns Hive has. Ugh I am just making an idiot of myself again...

Status
Not open for further replies.