• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prussia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am talking about East Prussia. The Prussia has been occupied by real Prussians, then Germans came and convert them to Christianity. Prussia never belonged to Russia. I think it is weird, why did Russians target to occupy Prussia, just because of name? East Prussia does not border Russia. The Prussians are a mix of Germano-Balto-Slavic people. I think that Prussia should be independent, though it is mostly German. Nor Prussia does not border Germany. I think it has full rights to be independent and it is a historical anomaly that one country that is not bordered with another is under control of a country. Colonization is different, but East Prussia is the only territory in Europe which is controlled by a country that is far from the country's borders. Austria is German, but so is Prussia. So Austria is independent from Germany, so should Prussia be. My point is, how did Russians occupy Prussia and why it is not independent today?

Level 22
I always forgot that this place exists, it is a Russian place like between Germany and Poland, like West Russia. Hah, just like the US have Alaska separated by Canada. Yes it doesn't make much sense to have them like that, the reason is simple - they never wanted it.

Today, whoever wants a free country, yells at UN about it, shouts out the whole world to learn about it and it happens, then adds rather made-up or refering to other countries history and call it 'its own history' and that's those countries today. Do we need many joke countries? Maybe they are better off being part of the larger ones.

Level 8
Prussians??? They still exist, I thought they were just germans. Old Prussians are gone I think, Prussians your thinking of are probably just Germans, slowly turning Pole. Why did Russia want to take over the Prussians? The same reason Germany wanted to take over them, or France taking Italy, or America taking over the latins, LAND, POWER and prestige. Speaking of which, I thought Prussia was under German and then Polish control, and never under Russia... unless you mean the Lithuanias/Latvians/Estonians, which aren't Prussians.

Status
Not open for further replies.