• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Protect a map will cause unit creating point leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,guys, dun see this is my first post, i am not a newbie to WE. Yesterday, i protect my map, and i have nothing do, just doing some fun with deprotect my map again, and no unit appear on the main map(i consider it have been triggered by Create - Unit) and i see it is written in JASS, but i sèe a thousands of leaks, that is Create - Unit part, and it no to store the point and no remove location............................ LEAKS DETECTED!!!
Question: Did i protected the map will automatically have this trigger and cause leaks or after i deprotect the map?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

When optimized, the optimizer converts all pre-placed units into the code, as you found. Instead of them being preplaced, they are created on map initiation with the CreateUnit action. However, it does not use locations to create these units but rather simple x/y coordinates, so no locations are created = no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.