• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Propostion for Mappers w/ good Triggering Skills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I'm still fairly new with World Editor, and I'm constantly learning new things, I've played around with Triggers, but I'm not the best at it. I am currently making a Footmen War map (I know there are a shit load of them, but only one or two are actually worth playing) I'm pretty good at balancing units and spells. I know how to create Items/Spells/units/upgrades/buffs and effects pretty well. I'm good at making understandable and very nice looking tool tips (I hate games where there is tons of slang use in the tooltips, and when they NEVER explain what the hell the item/spell/unit or whatever does. It really pushes my buttons :p) So with all that said, I'm trying to make a very nice map with lots of customization. I also want to learn how to make a loading screen that has a black background with text on it about the map and such, but also has a minimap and the players loading... that is a very nice addition. I got very inspired about this idea from Footmen Frenzy, there were so many things that were great in it, but a few things that really ticked me off.

The Propostion is: I need someone to do almost all of the triggering for the map, I'll be sure to use this as a very good time to learn a thing or two about triggering my self. You are welcome to help with any balancing or item/hero/unit/spell/upgrades that you would like. You will get 50% of the credit, and I'll be sure to make you (or a choice of yours) a hero in the game. (EX: Instead of Soopa Level 1, you could be like "Champion Level 1" or whatever you want the hero class to be.) For that hero you will get to choose as many names as you want, and the spells and skills!

To reach me...
You can post here, PM me, or try to contact me via MSN or E-mail...
[email protected] OR
[email protected]
(I use both...)

Thats pretty much it, Thanks for you time!

- Soopa

Level 3
Well maybe I could post what i wanted the trigger to do, and you could hook me up :). Let me know if that would work. Main triggers im kno i need right now is the spawn triggers (this map will probably be similar to Footmen Frenzy) I would just open that and look at the triggers, but its protected. Thanks for advanced for any help ralle :)
- Soopa

Level 3
Spawning Triggers is one, Ending triggers, and I think I'd like to have a leaderboard, but would like it if I could minimize it (it can get in the way lol >.<) whatever triggers there are for footmen maps... as I said before, I don't know much about triggers, so I don't really know what is needed, thats why I'm asking for help. Thanks :)
- Soopa

Level 6
I got some spare time, just post what you want and I can probably make it for you.
And I hope you can change it by your self if something is wrong, else just post here or msg me and I'll tell ya.

Level 3
I have already currently start making some stuff (mainly changes to tooltips for now:D) If you want to do it, let me know for sure, I can give you the map I have currently. Also, if you have MSN Messenger, ICQ, AIM, or YIM, let me know, and ill add you to one of my lists.. lol
(Im on MSN the most... rarely any of the others, but if i have a reason to get on them i will do so.)
Thanks alot guys :D
- Soopa
MSN: [email protected] (and [email protected])
AIM: s00p4 666
YIM: x_soopa_x

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.