• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero-learn skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi, you know that trigger

Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Human Archmage - Blizzard
? 1.well i want to give a hero a specific ability ,wen he makes a special thing ,and i tried to do it with this trigger,but the hero dident have that ability, so i added is to heis ability list. well. then the hero only got 3 abilitys well this is mabey kinda hard to understand=P but wath i wonder is if i can give a hero a ability without that he has it in the ability list, or if i can make so the ability cant bee seen(like dissable it). hope you understand=)

Level 15
That was hard to understand : p Well, If I got it right:

A hero can use two types of abilitys. ''Normal'' and ''Hero'' the ''Normal'' ones will not be learned, but they will be there from the beginning of the game, or they can be added by triggers. So if you want to add an ability by triggers, you'd have to add Unit/Normal abilitys. The trigger would look like this:
  • Trigger
    • Events
  • Whatever you want to happen
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Your ability to (Triggering unit)
Not really sure if I answered your question here or if I'm talking about sumthing else : p

Level 32
Hiding Abilities

sonkan1 said:
or if i can make so the ability cant bee seen(like dissable it)

As far as I know, the only way to fully hide (passive) unit abilities so that they can never be seen is to:
  1. Give the unit the ability: Spellbook.
  2. Add the desired spell ability to the spellbook( edit values for ability buffs to hide them.)
  3. Disable the spellbook itself so that it cannot be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.