• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prophecy of Kannel

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Foronisus & Lightning present:
The Prophecy of Kannel

A cinematic (introduction) to an upcoming fantasy campaign named "The Prophecy of Kannel".

This cinematic introduces the early ages of the planet Kryshea, the creation of the five Kingdoms, the secret Dashaki society and etc.

Coming soon...

Keywords:
Fantasy,Kannel,Campaign,Cinematic,Lord of the rings,Warcraft III,Magic,Elves,Dwarves,Human,Kingdom,Kingdoms,Battle,Adventure
Contents

Prophecy of Kannel (Map)

Reviews
10:56, 7th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Polish the cinematic a bit more and work on the camera! Contact me again when you've updated it.

M

10:56, 7th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:
Polish the cinematic a bit more and work on the camera!
Contact me again when you've updated it.

Review:

The cinematic is like any average cinematic, a dramatic soundtrack playing in the background, ...
The dialogue is very well written, although you can barely hear the voice actor.
The environment is OK, but some of the doodads really don't fit. I mean outland doodads in a green battlefield?
And why is the text being shown on the screen as a game message and not just shown as a transmission from a unit? It's sometimes not readable due to the background objects.
Also this cinematic cannot be viewed by multiple people on battle.net or lan due its size being above the 8mb limit.
The cinematic also misses a real outro, maybe fade out, show the credits or something.
The battle scene could have been better, maybe some cool and flashy effects, units jumping, ...
Also the camera work could have been better, it should always be moving, but the viewer could see everything.
Also I suggest you check this tutorial out, it tells you how to make the camera transitions completely smooth.
My rating would be 2/5, it's nothing special, it's also not polished, the terrain needs some improvements and the camera work can still be improved.

The description on the hive could also be better, maybe some screenshots?

At least polish the cinematic a bit more and work on the cameras, then it could be approved.

Level 11
Review:

The cinematic is like any average cinematic, a dramatic soundtrack playing in the background, ...
The dialogue is very well written, although you can barely hear the voice actor.
The environment is OK, but some of the doodads really don't fit. I mean outland doodads in a green battlefield?
And why is the text being shown on the screen as a game message and not just shown as a transmission from a unit? It's sometimes not readable due to the background objects.
Also this cinematic cannot be viewed by multiple people on battle.net or lan due its size being above the 8mb limit.
The cinematic also misses a real outro, maybe fade out, show the credits or something.
The battle scene could have been better, maybe some cool and flashy effects, units jumping, ...
Also the camera work could have been better, it should always be moving, but the viewer could see everything.
Also I suggest you check this tutorial out, it tells you how to make the camera transitions completely smooth.
My rating would be 2/5, it's nothing special, it's also not polished, the terrain needs some improvements and the camera work can still be improved.

The description on the hive could also be better, maybe some screenshots?

At least polish the cinematic a bit more and work on the cameras, then it could be approved.

It just tells you the story of the campaign that will start... auctually the campaign terrain is maded but the triggerer is gone on vacation so the campaign is freezed for a while... the first map will come out on 23-26 September.