• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proper name ideas (will credit any used.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm looking for names to put into my Final Fantasy style game. This is going to be heavy storyline, and likely single player, so I'm not looking for descriptive names like "Pyroguy" or anything.

Name submissions must include the following info:

Name: (duh)
Inspired by/gotten from:(this is to help make sure the name is somewhat unique)
Recommended characters to apply: (optional)

Example:
Name: Thane
Inspired by/gotten from: Norwegian warlord
Recommended characters to apply: This is the main characters name... but I'll still take ideas for better ones.

(Note: last name is optional)

Level 14
Name: Darison
Inspired by/gotten from: You have a serious problem with origionality. I don't.
Recommended characters to apply: Dunno

To put it bluntly, I don't take inspiration on names, nor do I take them, my mind simply makes them.

Vairon
Litag
Zarkiv
Ulran
Valivar
Litag
Yarina
Erizarna
Lokizar
Iotus
Plaric
Medzini
Ortaric
Takan
Ulterra
Canzari

Level 3
Yes, I do have a problem with that, why do you think I'm asking for names on the forum :sad:

I like the look of some of those names you listed though, so theres a good chance your getting some credit...

Level 3
yes, but if someone put up a name that was used somewhere, I would want to know about it. Can you imagine what would happen if I named the main character "Vaan" (Just as an example) because I didn't know of anywhere else it was used?

I'm not saying that I expect everyone to be dull and/or uncreative, I just wanted to put in a precaution for those that are. I cant exactly say "And if your idea is a bad one, don't post it." because people tend to defy requests like that one, and its hard to tell whats good or bad until it's been seen by other people.

Level 3
Google is your friend as far as stuff like that is. It's quite possible to come up with a name that's already been used, but you've never heard of. I've done that a couple of times over the years.

yea, last time I came up with a name I wound up with "Dienay"... checked on google, found some references where other cultures used it kinda like "mother nature". I also found out that theres a small town in France going by that name.

And thanks for the name ideas madcat2, I've added them to my list under your name, if any are used, you'll receive full credit.

Level 3
Thank you Lord_of_sausage, the names you've given have been added to my list. You will be credited if any of those names are used.

Level 8
Well, here's some:

1. Hectus Stoneflayer
2. Marnin Jural
3. Cleeks Ortol
4. Semi-Solid Snake
5. Honey Bernor (Or Honey B.)
6. Johnathan Miller
8. King Krazy Rooler Perzon (King Crazy Ruler Person)

Level 15
More ones ^^

Argos
ispired/gotten from: all myself

Etas

Olgara

Astovarr (or just Astovar)

Tar'ros

Erali

Gartos (or Gartas)

Eltari (or Eltaria)

Ha'osar

i come whit more soon
also, is the person male or femal?

Level 3
The main character is male. But I'm naming all kinds of other characters as well! Seeing as this is trying to hit a final fantasy style story and game play, I'll be needing a lot of names, both male and female.

and KKRP, though some of those do seem to be good names, I'm afraid they wont fit into the game type very well... a little too comical/standard. But thanks for the effort, it is appreciated :)

Level 5
Main character suggestion:

Tren Darkwest

I'm not settled with the last name... but it's catchy, and it sounds good. I came up with it myself.

Level 3
Hmmm, "Tren", I like it. Not sure it will be the main characters name, but most certainly a party member. Thanks Altazen. Not sure about the Darkwest part though... as you said, it is catchy, but it is clearly just a combination of Dark and west, and that takes from the feel a little. :(

And GreyArchon:
Geoarge
Ge'rge
Georgei
Gearg'

Timi
Tim'
T'm
Tima
Tam

It's not working for me... I think your formula needs more specifications.

Level 15
Formula for nice FF names:

Female often ends on I, A or AS-IS
Example: Arias, Iras, Aias.

Male often end on O, E or R
Example: Argos, Eros, Astor.

Apporstrophes: (cant spell it)
Use them between a nice sounding name, like Argos.
Example: Ar'gos
it makes people get a more sound, Argos could sound like:
Arg'os or Ar'gos, their might not be much differences their, but in other names their might.

Hope this helped ;)

Level 3
Well, though it seems like it should be a functional formula, it still leaves the need for me to somehow be creative with names... and I'm still not good at that :(

But it's ok, you guys have given me a good list of names, I'll just keep them handy and everything should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.