• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projectile size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
just make it so when you cast the spell a dummy unit is created on the casting unit and make it attack the target unit, I would show you here but I am on my PSP

Level 3
Make a dummy unit into the projectile and use a trigger to make it 'slide' so that it can move faster than 522, which is max movement speed of units, make it slide toward the facing angle of attacking unit.

Use a variable to save the angle.

Level 12
if you cant mage to use a dummy unit

increase the size of your unit and make it go back to normal very fast and i mean VERY fast

that should work

In my opinion, it shouldn't work.

Another solution would to make the dummy unit look like the missile, meaning using the missile's model as the model interface. Create it dead and then resurrect it, that should do the birth anim, then kill it when it collides with the unit.
REMINDER: dummy units need the ability LOCUST

Level 11
In my opinion, it shouldn't work.

if you dont know why you question?

quote from my map

• Thor Casts Titanic Hercules
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to BLABLALBA
    • Actions
      • Set SaveMe = (Casting unit)
      • Animation - Change SaveMe's size to (400.00%, 400.00%, 400.00%) of its original size
      • Animation - Change SaveMe's vertex coloring to (85.00%, 70.00%, 100.00%) with 99.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.20 game-time seconds
      • Animation - Change SaveMe's size to (150.00%, 150.00%, 150.00%) of its original size
      • Animation - Change SaveMe's vertex coloring to (85.00%, 70.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
and that looks like this

Dibujo-1.jpg

one square is the missile and the square that has nothing is the unit... you have to know that doing it this way your unit is gonna disappear for a short amount of time (.2 seconds) but the missile is gonna be big... else... you can try a more complex trigger that is gonna make it look a lot better... this is just a simple solution

Status
Not open for further replies.