• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

- Project Member Recruitment -

img_ShadowsofthePast.png

- Project Member Recruitment -

If anyone skilled enough want to join team you are free to post below small info (check templates). We are looking for:

Position: [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="yellow"]Coder[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[COLOR="White"][B]Other Project Membership:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Skill Level:[/B] [/COLOR]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Wc3 Languages you use:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Free time:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Why you want to join:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Some of your work or useful links:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
Position: [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Yellow"]Artist[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
------------------
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Art stile you use:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
Position: [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Object Designer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Object Editor, Sound Editor and Import Manager Skill Level:[/B] [/COLOR]
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
Position: [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="lime"]Writer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]English grammar, story writing skills and more:[/B] [/COLOR]
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
Position: [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="magenta"]Modeler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
------------------
------------------
[COLOR="white"][B]Art stile you use:[/B][/COLOR]
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

I will edit each post and post my opinion below.
Also I will present lead coder to you soon as well.
Picked users will receive PM with "Staff Member Application Form".

Please you must be active on site and present your work to me.

I will edit this post after each taken action, you will be informed about everything.
Also if some slots open, like terrainer spot maybe, new template will be added, do not create same on your own.

All posts unrelated to theme will be deleted, please send me VM/PM for simple question.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Level 11
Position: Coder
Other Project Membership:
None atm
Skill Level:
Good enough I think
Languages you use:
Jass, vJass and a bit of Zinc/cJass
Free time:
Enough free time on weekends some on weekdays
Why you want to join:
-Kobas- forces me to do so >:D
Some of your work or useful links:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/advancedaura-179937/?prev=u=Axarion
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/vjass-skilltree-191505/

Staff Member Accepted
Team Position: Coder
Date: 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Position: Object Designer
League of Champions Also worked in Prophecy of Kannel,Star Wars AoS
Object Editor, Sound Editor and Import Manager Skill Level :
pretty much :)
Free time:
Saturday and Sunday 24 hours and from Monday to Friday from 21:00 - 24:00
Why you want to join:
I wana join to help you and also my project League of champions is freezed for time because members of team joined contests so i gaved them break.
Sry i dont have for now Because my Star Wars AoS project wasnt created because of the map size it was finished 70% and the map size was allready 12 MB :(.

Staff Member on Hold (I explained everything in Chat)
Team Position: Object Designer
Date: /

Level 3
None atm
Skill Level:
Prety good i wasted over 600h working in world edit.
Languages you use:
GUI
Free time:
Enough free time on weekends some on weekdays.
Why you want to join:
I want to join some gr8 project.

Staff Member on Hold (We don't need GUI coder right now)

Worked on Shadows of Everwood for about 2-3 months, then I quit voluntarily.
Skill Level:
4 years of experience with the WE, 1 year of Jass/vJass experience, and I'm an optimization freak.
Wc3 Languages you use:
Jass, vJass and Zinc
Free time:
Friday nights, Saturdays, Sunday nights (My timezone is GMT+2 at the moment)
Why you want to join:
I was asked ;D
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-functions-413/snippet-registerplayerunitevent-203338/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/system-mode-manager-197956/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/system-heal-203662/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/interface-filegen-205190/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/fatal-error-203768/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/unit-regenerating-203453/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/submissions-414/cds-combat-data-storage-v0-1-a-196381/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/advanced-streak-system-v4-2-0-0-a-203324/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/floating-text-kills-system-v2-3-3-vjass-188523/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/sub-zero-v4-0-0-0-a-187891/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/epicenter-v2-0-0-1-a-204120/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/recipe-engine-v1-1-0-0-a-199204/ (Needs update)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/combat-multiboard-system-v1-02-vjass-192890/ (Needs update)

Staff Member Accepted
Date: 11-03-2011, 18:50 PM

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
None at the moment, spending some time on Sunken City. but it can always wait. =)
Object Editor, Sound Editor and Import Manager Skill Level:
My object and sound editor skills are really high. It's one of my strong points. I can import anything - skins, icons, models. Whatever.
Free time:
Monday - Friday: Mornings and Evenings.
Friday - Sunday: All the time =)
Why you want to join:
This seems to be a promising project, so I want to help as much as I can.

war32011110408125627.png

war32011110408125867.png

war32011110408131252.png

war32011110408140605.png

Staff Member Accepted
Date: 11-04-2011, 15:30 PM

Level 51
Position: Modeler
I'm working a bit on my own project, but that's just some part time thingy, just as it goes.
Skill Level:
I can create scratch models as well as simple model editing, my weekness would be animating I guess, I can pretty much do nothing there.
Art stile you use:
I use wc3 textures for my models, if a texturer is needed we might need to find one.
Free time:
Quite much. If I need to do something, I'm nearly always free :)
Why you want to join:
I thought: "Hey, this project could need a modeller, why not?" So.... jeah :p
Model-Section Model Gallery

Oh, and if you don't know, my former name was "Fan" :)

Staff Member Accepted
Team Position: Modeler
Date: 12-04-2011, 21:30 PM

Level 30
Legendary War (on my own), Invader's TD (with DVendetta & dragoon431).
Object Editor, Sound Editor and Import Manager Skill Level:
High skills. I am very well known for my map polishing skills, for my abilities to take down even the "fattest" map sizes down to one or two MB, without loosing much of quality, and for my fanatic mind that I keep everything in order (Imports must have different paths, for example, "Effects", "Doodads", "Heroes", etc (even the things that can't be normally seen in game)). I am kind of a grammar freak.
Free time:
Usually about two to four hours per day. On free days, which are random, I can support the project with eight hours of quality work.
Why you want to join:
I want to spend my time by working on this project, which I think that is having a very bright future.
186519-albums5031-picture54258.png
186519-albums5031-picture54259.png

186519-albums5031-picture54256.png
186519-albums5031-picture54257.png

186519-albums5031-picture54260.png
186519-albums5031-picture54262.png
I am also leading a Tooltip workshop and helping three projects to polish their maps.

Staff Member on Hold (User has no stable internet connection).

Position: Artist
Some help with other maps.
Skill Level:
I can model scratch and edits but not too good in retexturing.
Art stile you use:
Using in game textures preferably.
Free time:
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays
Why you want to join:
I really like the project and I want to share my work.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?u=eubz

Staff Member on Hold (Well by Artist I mean someone who is skilled in programs like paint or photoshop for example, someone who could work on loading screens, minimap, map preview, banners, skins and all kind of textures. I will put you on hold. Thanks for interesting btw.)
Team Position: Artist

Level 11
Skill level:
10hrs world editor
Free Time:12 hrs a day sometimes 14-15
why I want to:
I have to build up my reputation
You couls use a Custom creater can't yah.

Staff Member on Hold (Sorry buddy it seams that your skills are way to low.)

Level 4
None
Skill Level:
Over 9000 mins in World Editor
Wc3 Languages you use:
GUI, Jass/vJass
Free time:
Almost 24/7
Why you want to join:
To learn more about vJass and my first time on a project.
None.
Things that I know little of:
Keywords
Zinc
cJASS?
Things that I know:
Structs
Libraries
Scope
Common JASS Knowledge

Staff Member on Testing (Currently deciding your fate :razz:)

Level 2
Position: Artist
None
Skill Level:
I don't think I am super good but I think I can do good things.
Art stile you use:
Uhhhh... I don't think I am enough professional to have a precise art style.
Free time:
I got summer school and in like 3 week I am going into a trip for 2 week.
Why you want to join:
Because I think this map is awesome I want to help you guys to make it even more awesome. Also, it will sharpen and train my skills.
Tools you use:
Photoshop, GIMP
What would you prefer to do:
I prefer making art work instead of texture but I can still try it out!
A old wc3 project who failed.
A Halloween theme banner I made for TheHiveWorkShop

I wasn't impresed back then, but forget to edit post -_-
Team Position: Artist

Level 2
Position: Writer
None, as of yet.
English grammar, story writing skills and more:
I do not mean to brag, but I'd say I can write quite well.
Free time:
School, not many other engagements so I have plenty of time to write.
Why you want to join:
Because I enjoy the map so far, and would love to improve and have a hand in its story.
I haven't much to my name on WC3 mapping, but I can provide you with a few stories I have written for school if necessary.

Staff Member Accepted
Team Position: Writer
Date: 07-04-2013, 22:30 PM

Level 14
None.
I think I'm fairly decent. When I don't know something I always look it up or check with some of my friends from the UK.
Free time:
Almost everyday, a couple of hours.
Why you want to join:
I like writing stories. Been a while since I was involved with the scene. All in good fun.
An AoS Project set in Stranglethorn Vale. Names are placeholders for in-game models.
Kel'Thuzad wasn't the only one who heard The Lich King's voice. There was another soul, a high elf named Kael. Kael was the head in one of the founding families of Quel'Thalas. Despite his loyalty, he grew tired of the elven politics. Allying with mortals, and teaching them the magic arts, represented a sign of weakness from the Anasterian royal family, a sign Kael was determined to change it. Secretly, guided by the dark voice, he learned and improved the Shadow Arts, becoming a true master in manipulating the void. Upon the invasion of the Scourge, he saw death of the high elven race, death he never wished. Feeling betrayed and ashamed for betraying his kin, Kael considers himself banished from the elven kingdom, spending the rest of his life in the Stranglethorn Valley.

Every generation, one orc child would be trained in the warrior arts of the Thunderwolf Clan. Later he woud be known as the Slayer, defender of the Thunderwolf Clan. The Slayer would use his incredible agility to overcome any situation, no matter how many or how powerful foes he would face. It was near the time Khalim was appointed as Slayer, that he and his clan were enslaved by Illidan's forces and turned into Fel Orcs. Although now corrupted, Khalim escaped The Blood Furnace but didn't manage to save his clan.
Now he is wandering the world, training himself through epic battles, until he will be ready, to return and save his brothers from The Blood Furnace.

Fireworks, ice cream, that's why Antonidas started learning magic in Dalaran. Upon still beeing a teenager, while training his ability to sense anothers presence, he felt a strong power from within the Tirisfal Glades. He traveled there to find the mysterious source and so he did. It seemed to be a gathering between some powerful sorcerers. He then revealed himself, asking for an invitation into this mysterious order. Politely the mysterious persons rejected him, it was first needed for him to master the five magic arts. Dalaran thought him Arcane, Fire, Frost based spells; his sister thought him Holy based spells. Now it was just a matter of learning the forbidden arts of Shadow magic, and still keep his sanity and integrity. If a such method does exist, he is determined to find it.

An ORPG project,
~Background of Demigods (supposedly for a cut-scene)
"We are not of this world young mortal, nor do we are real Gods. Our people come from a distant world. It was ruled by entities with high magical power fueling them. As many resided on our world, these entities would clash in fighting for supremacy. In time it tore our world appart. No, not shattered, but it became uninhabitable. The premonition of our world was certain, soon there would have never been any room to live on it for our people. Thus we decided to flee from our once beautiful homeland. We traveled through many worlds, seeking a new one as our own. But we could only find worlds destroyed from the magical clashes. Our journey was long, many of us thought we would never find a new world to settle in. While searching, we also recorded our findings and compared them to different worlds, this gave us an ample understanding of what was happening in the Universe. It seems the Universe it is actually. . .peaceful yet chaotic. For some unknown reason, a worlds energies would create beings of great power, beings who would later fight each other for supremacy. The clashes of the fights echo throughout other nearby worlds. As a side effect they act as taunts to other creatures on other words to prove their . . .existence. The older the worlds are, the stronger it's beings are. Anyway, in the end we found this world, a world full of life and not yet tainted by the chaotic magics of its beings. Upon exploring this world we learned that it was occupied by peaceful yet primitive life-forms, like the current elves and humans. At that time, these now noble races were living in caves and had yet to know to use their surroundings. This let us understand how new this world was. We also understood that it was up to us to protect this world if we were to call it our home. Thus we built our prison, in the point of the world where all the magical ley lines intersect each other. This is how we know about the magical manifestations on this planet, how we know where and when a powerful magical being is born. So we tasked ourselves with safe keeping this planet for our own sake, in consequence we also looked after the likes of humans and elves. However our job wasn't done, in time we managed to influence the magical ley lines of this world, and make them stable, less chaotic. This drasticly reduced the number and power of these magical beings, as well as camouflaged the planets presence to other magical beings from other planets. By not feeling any great magical power on this planet, their attention wouldn't have been drawn towards us. Yet there was one more problem to be solved, as fights between magical beings take place, shards of the artifacts they wield end up on different worlds, including on this one. These artifacts emanate their power, so in order to conceal our existence, we would retrieve these artifacts and place them in the same prison as the magical creatures. And this was our way of keeping this planet safe for millenia. Yet somehow this Demon Lord found of this worlds existence, something attracted him here. Suffice to say we do not know yet what. However while me and my party were on a hunting mission, the Demon Lord besieged our prison and let loose the magical beings we kept locked for millenia, as well as the artifacts. Now this world emanates towards the nearby ones, taunting other magical powered creatures to come here, and show their power. I would gladly help out in your mission young one, but we are to stay here and try to keep under control the magical ley lines of this worlds, before too many beings get the knowledge of our location. We are pressed by time young one. Do what you need to do and banish the Demon Lord from this world."

My own lore, part of Chapters of War (it's not very finesse because it's a general guideline):
The Humans
When the Gods intervened in the battle between the High Elves and the Wood Elves they sworn to destroy the two races if they do not stop their senceless war and as a sign of peace, the Gods revived the elf corpses from the battlefield and healed their wounds. Although they looked like Elves, their immortality and their memories were lost forever. They were called Humans.
Being guilty for starting the war, it was decided that the High Elves will take care of this new race. Thus the Humans learned the art of craftsmanship. But it seemed that the Humans were not very fond of living into the forests, so after several human generations, the Humans left the Highlands in search of a land of their own.
After leaving the High Elven lands, the numerous human leaders lead to numerous directions for the Human race. It is when the Human Parted.
Only one human party choose to stay in the fields nearby the Highlands. The first village they built was Callahan, named after their leader. After several human generations, Callahan was no longer a village, it was a city sorounded by stone walls, heavily guarded by soldiers with sharp swords and broad shields. Callahan was now the Capital City of Laerdon Kingdom.
By now all the Humans lost the physical characteristics of an Elf. But one day, a woman gave birth to an abnormal child. As he grew he looked more and more like a High Elf. When the King found out about this boy, he called for him. Although still young, the boy looked exactly like a High Elf. Immediatly the king saw the opportunity, that the humans could learn one of the most sacred secrets of the Elves, controling magic. So the king said to the boy, that if he would infiltrate both the High Elven and the Wood Elven societies and learn the art of magic, his family would be moved to the royal courtyard, and he would be made one of the kings counceleirs, a high rank in the human society.
Having a chance to save his family from poverty, the child immediatly accepted the kings offer and after three days the boy made his way toward the Highlands. No one knows what happend to the boy, untill 56 years later. When he returned, only the ring he received from the human king indicated that he was the elven boy born in the poor human family. Sadly the human king the boy knew was dead. Now, the new king was Arthur.
After several days the mage was called forth by the king. It was time to uphold his end of the bargain. The mage explained that not only that he could now teach an ordanary human how to wield magic, he also discovered a new art: Necromacy. This new magic would ensure a longer lifetime for a human, almost immortal. This new perspective troubled the Kingdom of Laerdon. Fights suddently began between the peasent population and the high society. The Lords supported the project, but a last word upon adopting this new art was told by the Kings generals. They extended the Kings horizon to a place where human wars would be swiftly won and with lesser losses.
Drunk with words like power, immortality and supremacy, King Arthur took up his sword and became the very first immortal human, the very first Undead.
At that point, when word of the kings decision got out, The Human Civil War started. The kings brother, Theodis, refused to become an Undead, instead he left the Capital City and traveled to the major villages of the kingdom, encouraging people to not forsake their human blood and that he will ask the aid of the Elves and return with hope.
Several weeks passed untill Theodis returned. The Undead seemed to be invulnerable, stopping at nothing. When Theodis returned he claimed to have the solution for winning the war. A magical hammer which would be used in forging weapons powerful enough to defeat the Undead. And so it happend, armed with magical weapons, the humans threw back the Undead. Beeing now exiled, the King of the Undead Arthur, sworn to return one day to conquer what once was his kingdom.
After exiling all of the Undead from the human kingdom, Theodis took up the throne and was named King. Fearing the return of his brother, Theodis created the Order of Paladins, a military organization which would wield Holy enchanted weapons with the aim of defending Laerdon of Undead or any other threats.
And indeed, the day know as "The Return of the Dead King" finally came. Vastly outnumbered the human kingdom fell in matter of days. Seeing his people slaughthered, Theodis ordered the evacuation of the population from the entire kingdom. They would now retreat to the East.
Obtaining his throne back, Arthur stopped the hunt for humans, but the Elven Lich (the small elven look like boy), the one who created Necromacy, had other plans. He wanted to exterminate the Humans. Thus he overthrowned Arthur who became The King of No One.
Having now the control of all the Undead, the Elven Lich tracked down the Humans and found their encampent in the Great Forrest. There Theodis realised that he needs to sacrifice some of his people, so the human race might still have a future. Thus Theodis and a band of loyal men charged into the vast army of Undead. Miracously Theodis and his company succeded in delaying the Undead for more than they expected. But exhaustion took its toll and the brave defenders of humanity fell in battle. It is known as beeing one of the sadest days of the Human civilization.
After the battle, the Elven Lich dispatched scouts to once again find the humans. The human tracks ended at the edge of The Ancient Forrest. There fortune smiled at the humans once again, because they found new allies, the mighty Dwarves and the elusive Elves.
"But it's time that the magical secrets of the Hammer will be revealed. The Humans will triumph."

Character Aldariss Nightshade, created for the former RP Dawn of Twilight.

Level 3
None, besides my own which have yet to be published
------------------
I've published many articles to various newspapers and was an intern editor for my local paper. I was also the head editor for an Internet newsletter for TheHelper.
------------------
Free time:
I am pretty busy! I do have time in the mornings to proof read anything.
------------------
Why you want to join:
I thought perhaps I could contribute my editing skills to this project. Many RPGs lack good editing. Hopefully you'll understand the need for both writers and editors.
------------------
------------------
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/prose-july-19th.117969/#post-1029049
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/indie-maps-review-issue-1.152710/#post1391928
http://www.rpdom.com/threads/three-men-and-a-haircomb.56156/

Level 12
None.
My English is good since I'm a journalist in our school and I'm frequently asked to write articles for our school or poems for our paper. So basically I can fix sentences, make stories, or anything writing-related.
Free time:
Since it's vacation, I've got a lot of time to mess around, play Warcraft III and do some random stuff.
Why you want to join:
Simply because SotP is one of the best maps I have seen, and my love for Gaia's Retaliation is another reason why I like SotP. Another thing is I simply like fixing tooltips whether it be typos, grammar or whatever you might need help with.
I don't have a clue of what I should link, sorry.