• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Mercenary Wars is looking for skilled mappers to make a developement team.

Currenty open positions and requirements:

-Storywriter;the project needs someone skilled to make descriptions for the heroes.Descriptions should include a short story about the hero's origin,abilities,some additional information,and it should be at least 6 sentences long.This will be done through pm's;i send you the hero model ,spells,and race info and you should reply with a short story.If you want to apply for this position,send a pm with a 10 sentence long story of your free choice.

-JASS scripter;basic knowledge of JASS is required.It will mostly be used for making more complicated spell systems.This will be done by me sending the map,with a brief description of whatt needs to be done.

-GUI triggerer;advanced knowledge of GUI.I need skilled triggerers to do a leak check once every two weeks,not a hard job to do.

-Terrainer;a knack for making good and playable terrains is required.If you want to apply,you should post a picture or a link to your terrain screenshots.

There will be more positions open soon,if you are interested,send a PM,or post a reply.

Thank you.

Level 12
KK cool...ill send you the map in a week for a basic check...then ill send it to you once every ten days...

Welcome to the team :grin:

Level 11
I guess I could do a position on the story board. Sometimes I feel in the mood for writing but not for my Orphan Trilogy. Besides the wonderful part is I can even work on my stuff/your stuff at school too =D

Level 12
Cool,welcome to the team then :)

Once every week,ill send 3 hero informations to each of you,(Hero name,race,model used),and you should reply with a story within a week.

Thats it :)

When you are ready to start working,send a pm.

If you are interested,i can send you the map too,although theres not much to see atm(only triggers and objects are done)

As for the terraining,lets put it aside for a couple of days till everything else is done properly :)

Level 4
hello there

adzy's the name and story writings the game

you gimme the basic outlines of what you want and ill make you a full script of it..

or if ya want a new original idea for a story line then i can do that..

i am an idea factory and have so many ideas for maps..

so yeah gimme a PM if ya interested

Level 12
The-Weeh,if you are applying for the terrainer job,please post some of your terrain screenshots as an example.Using the UTM would be a great advantage too. :)

Level 4
question

you want a story writer
a terrainer
and trigger editors

what are you doing yourself lol :D

and btw can you gimme a bit more info on the whole story writing stuff
as you havnt given me much to work off atm

Twi

Twi

Level 1
I know the position for storywriter has been asked for, but I will be getting into 300 Writing next year in high school *Coughbragcough*, and I'd really love to fill that role. Drop me a PM.

Level 11
only accept him if your not required to give rep... stupid give rep sig. pathetic.

Yeah twi like 3 people has asked b4 you and i've already done some. Just because you have some dumb class doesn't make you a good writer. I'm in pre-calc, but I fucking suck at it.

Level 12
I have sent pms to several storywriters that applied for the job,but none have sent replies.

Also,the terrainer position is now closed,as i couldnt wait for the terrainers to apply anymore,and have done most of it myseld.

Ill send a pm to you Twi,although ill have to pause this project for a couple of days since i have a lot schoolwork to do...

Twi

Twi

Level 1
only accept him if your not required to give rep... stupid give rep sig. pathetic.

Yeah twi like 3 people has asked b4 you and i've already done some. Just because you have some dumb class doesn't make you a good writer. I'm in pre-calc, but I fucking suck at it.

Lawl.

KK, thanks for the PM. I understand about school, so don't rush [Damn testing :p]

Level 12
Bubba yes,you are welcome to join the team.

DiscipleofLife you are also welcome,however,you applied to late,so you will need to wait for a couple of weeks...If you feel ok with this,let me know.

Rakdos,i didnt get your pm...Try resending it,if you still feel like doing the job.

Thank you all for showing interest in this project,i will resume working on it asap,and inform you all on what should be done in about 2-3 days from now...

To those interested in working on JASS,i will need you to make some spells,check the existing triggers in the map,and if needed,make them more effective by using scripts.

Level 11
Japt3h, you should check out the Hero Contest #1 thread once some submissions are entered. I'm in it and my spells are going to be pretty kick ass, and it's GUI.

are you fucking serious... wondering why you didn't reply.. this is bullshit the firelord dude's info was long as hell. Though Vashj and Kael was just summarized what I knew, why am I making story to people who already have a story?

Level 12
Sadly,i didnt get the pm at all.Maybe you sent it to a wrong username.

Check your outbox...the message is prolly there.

Level 11
man it's not there. it was so cool too.

he was running from orcs with his son and wife, they eventually got to a volcano where his son and wife fell in the lava, but by now he was kinda crazy from the running. He jumped in after them, but it was his fault the orcs was after him being an ex-knight killin them for cash so he was cursed for the fault of his family's death and he was to suffer... for all time or untill the curse was released. So he now suffers constant burning as the firelord.

Well accept that other dude then lol, i'm kinda busy anyways, I just know your pretty cool and wanted to help ya out. Sorry lol, once contest is over and a few projects of mine have subsided and if you still need help I'll tell ya i'm free ^.^

Level 9
Forget it!

It seems you forgot that I was the first person joining the project, just to leak checking, but I see that you replaced me.
I thought that every week you would send me the map, but I didn't receive nothing. So you fired me of the project without telling me.
That's fine, if this happens next time with me or other virtual person, try to say: "You're fired!".

Level 12
Aghhhh sorry mate,i completely forgot about that....I get a lot of pm's and i have been working on the terrains and heroes for a while now,so it didnt even occur to me that leaks should be checked...

I apologize once again,and id be glad if you would still like to be a part of the team.My internet was also screwed up for the past couple of days so i couldnt view my inbox or e-mail...

Level 12
Ok,now all the terrainer and storywriter positions are filled.

The position currently open is Item Maker.

Noting i coulnt do myself,but i have a lot of work to do and i need someone to replace me by creating new items.

I will send all info by a pm if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.