• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Project Downfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Downfall

Table of Contents

What is Downfall?

Project Downfall (name not final, needs suggestions) is a cooperative, strategical, Hero Builder Arena game that can be played with a maximum of 6v6 players. The main objective of the game is for the first team to destroy their opponents' Arcane Vault through teamwork and cooperation.

Features

over 90% of the map's codes were written by me, and most of the core systems are featured below.

Attribute System

• Each hero start with 1 point per attribute(Strength, Agility and Intelligence).
  • Each hero can increment their attribute points by 1 and consumes a unused attribute point.
  • Each hero starts with 9 unused attribute points and gains 2 unused attribute points whenever the hero gains level.
  • Attributes are capped at 100 points, but may exceed if bonuses are applied. Still, 100 points are the limit for spending unused attribute points on an specific attribute.

Pseudo-Stats

• Each hero has a pseudo-stat that influences their impact on gameplay.
  • These pseudo-stats' states are influenced by the amount of attribute points they have.
Here are the Pseudo-Stats:
NameDescriptionNotes
HealthEach hero has a base 250 health points and gains 25 hp for every 1 STR point.Cannot go below 1
ManaEach hero has a base 100 mana points and gains 10 mp for every 1 INT point.Cannot go below 1
Health RegenerationEach hero gains 0.25 hp/s for every 1 STR point.Cannot go below 0
Mana RegenerationEach hero gains 0.25 mp/s for every 1 INT point.Cannot go below 0
Physical ResistanceEach hero gains 0.5% for every 1 STR point. Physical Resistance reduces any damage received from physical damage (Applied before Criticals).Capped at 0 - 100%
Magical ResistanceEach hero gains 0.5% for every 1 point of STR + INT average. (50% if both STR and INT has 100 points each.)Capped at 0 - 100%
Status ResistanceEach hero gains 0.5% for every 1 point of STR + INT average. Status Resistance reduces the debuff/negative buff duration received by a hero. Capped at 0 - 100%
Physical/Base Attack damageEach hero gains 2 damage for every 1 point of STR + AGI average.Cannot go below 1.
Attack CooldownEach hero has a base 2.5 second cooldown and reduces by 0.021 second for every 1 AGI point.Capped at 0.4 to 2.5 seconds
Critical ChanceEach hero gains 0.75% chance for every 1 point of AGI + INT average. Critical Chances uses PRD*. Capped at 0.01 - 100%, 0.01 so that it never kills the thread.
Critical MultiplierEach hero has a 100% damage bonus whenever criticals occur and gains 0.5% for every 1 point of AGI + STRCannot go below 0
Spell AmplificationEach hero gains 1% spell amplification for every 1 INT point. Spell amplification increases magical damage dealt by heroes. These are applied before resistances. Capped at 0 - 100%
Cast Time ReductionEach hero gains 1% cast time reduction for every 1 point of AGI + INT average.Capped at 0 - 100%
Move SpeedEach hero has a base 300 movespeed and gains 1.5 movespeed for every 1 point of AGI.Capped at 1 - 522
EvasionEach hero gains 0.75% chance for every 1 point of AGI + INT average.Evasion uses PRD*. Capped at 0 - 100%
Extra notes:
* PRD or Pseudo-random Distribution, aims for a stable distribution of succession for chance-based scenario. This is to prevent for luck-based chances.

Properties

• I have written an Element-based Damage system before, submitted it on Hive and was regretting not to have a backup of it (even the admins "failed" on recovering them), so I decided to write a new one and implement it on this map.
  • Properties can also be considered as a part of the pseudo-stats, but I prefer to separate it from the others, because it is more impactful than the other pseudo-stats.
  • Properties tells units how much damage are going to be amplified whenever they deal damage to other units. The damage amplification are defined to how related the properties are to one another. Think of properties as Pokemon's Type System.
  • All heroes starts with the Normal property and can change property through the use of skills.
Property table (Source\Target Relation)
NormalWaterFireEarthWindGhostHolyShadow
Normal1.00.80.80.80.80.00.50.5
Water1.250.02.01.00.50.80.80.8
Fire1.250.50.02.01.00.80.80.8
Earth1.251.00.50.02.00.80.80.8
Wind1.252.01.00.50.00.80.80.8
Ghost1.251.01.01.01.02.00.50.5
Holy1.251.01.01.01.02.00.02.0
Shadow1.251.01.01.01.02.02.00.0

In Development

Despite the huge pile of code I have written, the game is still in premature state and is yet to be playable after some few weeks. This map is made from my spare time and I am not committed to this full time, unless I get serious in the development of this game.

I have written some hero designs now and I am now planning to implement them on a 1 hero per day basis. I have so far created two heroes and I am now choosing the next hero to be implemented. Given the amount of playable heroes (target is at least 12), my next step would be the development of the boss AI (which is my target goal for the beta release) and the last would be AI players. Further development would be focused on balancing.

The map is made in version 1.29, and I am looking for someone to port it in 1.30 for multiplayer tests which is very important.

THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Once I have applied for a new internet plan, I will keep the project thread updated. As of now, I am relying with a shitty unstable connection.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.