• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progressbar V2

Model, that is meant to be used for various channeling spells and etc. Basic lenght is one second, but it can be scaled via triggers. Idea of using screen button texture is borrowed from Hatebreeder's model, you might want to give him credits too.

Here comes a great testmap, made by Licheus to show you folks how to use this model as a castbar.

Ok, another great testmap, made by TriggetHappy, showing how to use this bar as a mana/health and channel cast bar. Go check it out.

Edit it however you want, but don't forget to give in credits.

Update: death animation

Keywords:
Progress, Bar, Dummy, Interface, Channel, System, Custom, Loading, Teamcolored, HP, MP, EXP, UI, indicator.
Contents

Progressbar V2 (Model)

Reviews
23:53, 9th Oct 2012 Kwaliti: A quite useful little thing. Approved.
Level 5
Useful addition, 5/5 and I will use it in my map since it's the best bar displayed on Reforged graphics I could find.

Level 12
OMG

When I think I spent time recreating a similar bar because I wanted the golden color, and the background for the bar border and it was straight in front of my nose !

This said I just wanted a single animation. I don't understand why people are not trying to scale a single animation via triggers rather than use 100 animations with a repeating timer.

Or maybe the natives SetDestructableAnimationSpeed (destructables) or BlzPlaySpecialEffectWithTimeScale (sfx) were only added recently ?

Anyways, as for these natives, I can't seem to sync the animation with my spell with a destructable, and the TimeScale does not seem to work , even for non attacjed SFX.
I might end up having to use a model with several animations in the end...

Level 21
OMG

When I think I spent time recreating a similar bar because I wanted the golden color, and the background for the bar border and it was straight in front of my nose !

This said I just wanted a single animation. I don't understand why people are not trying to scale a single animation via triggers rather than use 100 animations with a repeating timer.

Or maybe the natives SetDestructableAnimationSpeed (destructables) or BlzPlaySpecialEffectWithTimeScale (sfx) were only added recently ?

Anyways, as for these natives, I can't seem to sync the animation with my spell with a destructable, and the TimeScale does not seem to work , even for non attacjed SFX.
I might end up having to use a model with several animations in the end...

did you check out the demo map? this bar is super simple to use (even I got it to work...), as long as you need it for short duration.. (can't use it if you need to slow it down under 2%)

Level 12
Well to be honest, a single model with a 1s animation that you slow down is much more efficient.
Fun enough, because of a typo in my Lua code I wrongly thought BlzPlaySpecialEffectWithTimeScale didn't work in Reforged, and the Destructable version I made driven with SetDestructableAnimationSpeed refused to completely synchronize with my SPELL_EFFECT event for reasons I might never understand.

But because of this I came up with a better alternative :
[Spell] - SetDestructableAnimationSpeed whoes !!! (Workaround found) (third post)

It's not better code-wise than the map in this thread, it also requires to import files in the map (fdf file), but it is much closer to the game progress bar (like the timed lives). The other advantage is that it does not have any problem with following the unit as it is in the UI :)

EDIT : This said, this looks nice as custom HP/Mana bars !!!

Last edited: