• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress Report on 3.0.3c and 3.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
We are just testing out a few of the system changes I made to make sure nothing major broke, after that 3.0.3c should be ready to go within a few days... BTW, world first, I hinted at when the patch will go live....

Now as far as 3.0.4 goes. We have a lot done already.

• Terrain: 90% - just needs a few touch ups here and there as we create the content
  • Monsters - 90% - all the monsters and their abilities are created, mostly just testing and tweaking remains for them
  • Bosses - 10% - concepts are done, but programming is a ways off
  • Quests - 0% - concepts & coding have not started

The big factors are the terrain and monster abilities

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Since the concepts for the quests haven't yet started, may we, the players, make a few suggestions? I'd like to see a more linear storyline. What I mean is something like finishing the Razzick quest allowing you to proceed to Haggart's, the type of plot that follows an order of events. Most of TKoK's quests are just a way of getting experience, by having you kill X of this and Y of that, which, with or without the quest, you end up doing anyway. It's a little lacking on diversity and lore.

Level 8
Since the concepts for the quests haven't yet started, may we, the players, make a few suggestions? I'd like to see a more linear storyline. What I mean is something like finishing the Razzick quest allowing you to proceed to Haggart's, the type of plot that follows an order of events. Most of TKoK's quests are just a way of getting experience, by having you kill X of this and Y of that, which, with or without the quest, you end up doing anyway. It's a little lacking on diversity and lore.
Not. The main quests follow a linear story line that is unfolding more and more with every next zone. Just read everything that the quest givers of the main quests tell you and you will see it. :)

But yeah. Suggestions for interesting side quests with their own story lines is more then welcomed as we want to add more of them(currently theres none due to other content having more priority)

Ohh and just for the record Haggart is a follow up after slaying Razzick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.