• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overdue news update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Since Vex forgets to post these things on both sites, I'll do it for him.
Original Post

Just because things haven't been posted doesn't mean we aren't working. Here's a list of things that has been going on for 3.0.4:

Fled has installed and customized the new buff system and has converted almost every hero to use the new system. This includes redoing / coding / optimizing abilities, ability objects, the actual jass code, and everything about it. This is a huge project and taking a lot of time.

RaiN has designed coded the Shadowblade, which just needs to be converted into the new buff system and ability structure Fled set up. RaiN has also coded the abilities found inside the AOT.

I have taken RaiN's code for the AOT and integrated it into the game, applied the missing segments, created all the new AOT units, setup the initial unit structure (HP/Dmg/etc). I have also gone through the AOT visually adding pathing blockers, tweaking pathing, and have done some minor detail touch ups. I have also coded the opening event that will be played out when you get the keystone used to open up the portal into the tomb.

The AOT will contain 5 bosses, and all 5 bosses have been planned out on paper and are ready to be coded. Curi has most of the items completed, but these do not take long thanks to the awesome script he created.

There will not be many new quests added for the AOT, but the few that will be added are planned out on paper. It's mainly just story line quests and some extra side quests to do while inside. Similar to the Catacombs

I will also be doing some updates to the password system that will allow me to edit talent trees without wiping any data. Coupled with that will be updates to the following heroes: Ranger, Hydro, Pyro, Paladin for their talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.