• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Wc3 Model Editor, can't import external model files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
HI, I'm Mulgrim. I am new to Hive and anything that is WC editing related(but not so much :wink:) I have been reading many, many tutorials on modeling,
2D editing, terraining. and know a litle something about triggers, so I have decided it is time to begin a map of my own with custom model files :smile:. But now to what happened during the making of my custom models part, I downloaded a model that I liked from here(Chaos Marauder.mdx), but everytime that i try to open it in the Wc3 Model Viewer it says:

Unable to load, (-location of file here-) unknown extension!

Probably it is something very simple that i will soon feel really stupid about, but I don't know what else to do, I tried to convert it using the MDLX converter found here as well, to open it in Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier but it gives me another error saying: File type error. The file I attempted to convert was MDX, i don't know what could have happened. please help, i don't know what else to do, please help, any help at all with be apreciated, thanks.

BTW I live in Italy (moved from U.S, 3 months ago) and right now it's 12 pm, and i have school tomorrow, so I will not be able to answer anything until tomorrow, this same hour or in the morning (for me, 11pm (west coast time) for you).

~ Mulgrim

Level 15
---------------------------
Error
Unable to load "C:\Users\katia\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\H502T4MH\ChaosMarauder[3]", unknown extention!
OK

I have tried it with several other downloaded .mdx files, they don't seem to work either.

Level 22
Try going into folder option and unchecking "Hide extensions for known file types" and shoving .mdx behind the file, or if you're using Magos', just try registering the extents (PRoperties > Register extents, i think). This should associate .mdx with magos' and open them for viewing every time u double click.

Good luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.