• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want a unit to cast a strong nova when he reaches 10 mana, damaging all surrounding enemy units, atm I got this trigger:

• Events
    • Unit - Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen>'s mana becomes Equal to 10.00
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of (Position of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen>) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> using Holy Nova.mdx
        • Set Davan_10_mana = (Last created special effect)
        • Unit - Set mana of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> to 0.00
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Special Effect - Destroy Davan_10_mana
I tried with removing the "matching condition" and then it worked, but then my other units got damage obviously. So, got any tips?

Level 26
The condition function does not define a "Picked unit" as no unit was picked yet. What you want is "Matching unit".

Also Waits are not permitted in group/force/destructables/items loops and you would overwrite your global variable anyway before the 2 seconds are over, thereby only destroying the last effect.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
(Matching unit) instead of (Picked unit).
Leaks group and location handle.

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set p = (Position of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen>)
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of p matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> using Holy Nova.mdx
        • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
To give delay before destroy effect you should do something like:
  • init
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local effect e = bj_lastCreatedEffect
      • Wait 2.00
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(e)
      • Custom script: set e = null
And in your main trigger, just after creating special effect add (remember not to add Special effect - Destroy (...) like I did above, if you are going to follow this way):
  • Trigger - Run init <gen> (Ignoring ocniditons)

Last edited:
Level 3
I have:
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Davan_position = (Position of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen>)
    • Custom script: bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of Davan_position matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> to damage (Matching unit), dealing 100000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Davan_position)
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
But every time I try to start the map to try it out I get the error message "Expected 'set'" on line:
call ForGroupBJ( GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(100.00, udg_Davan_position, Condition(function Trig_Davan_Max_Mana_Func003001003)), function Trig_Davan_Max_Mana_Func003A )

Level 3
The trigger still don't work for some reason. The damage nor effect won't appear.

• Davan Max Mana
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Davan_position = (Position of Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen>)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of Davan_position matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen> to damage (Matching unit), dealing 100000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Davan_position)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
(Picked unit) instead of (Matching unit) - have you looked at my script?

HolyNova.mdx is a custom model, check the textures and ensure model works properly.

Level 3
I finally fixed it :) turns out the event didn't work for some odd reason. I changed to
  • Unit - Prince Davan Denerthor 0000 <gen>'s mana becomes Greater than or equal to 9.00
and now it works perfectly. Thanks guys! :)

EDIT: I tried with both matching and picked unit and both didn't work until I changed the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.