• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[RESOLVED] Super Saiyans and different models

I'm editing an old DBZ Map, I'm having trouble with them going Super Saiyan though.

I have separate models of all the characters and their SS Forms, there's just a problem with execution. Is there any way I could have a unit's models swapped using triggers or JASS, or have an SS-Modeled unit already placed, have it teleport/control swap to the player and have it's XP set the same as the base unit? If neither of those work, is there a way to breakup a model into attachments and string those to the SS items?

I'm a noob, it's all a bit woozy. Here's an example of what I have for Goku's transformation

• Goku lvl2
    • Events
      • Unit - Saiyan 0000 <gen> Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Greater than or equal to 2
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Goku SS <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: Goku can now go Sup...
  • Goku SS
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing ss as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • (Saiyan 0000 <gen> has an item of type Super Saiyan) Equal to False
      • (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 20
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy GokuSS
      • Player - Add -10 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
      • Unit - Change color of Saiyan 0000 <gen> to Yellow
      • Animation - Change Saiyan 0000 <gen>'s size to (115.00%, 115.00%, 115.00%) of its original size
      • Hero - Give Super Saiyan 0091 <gen> to Saiyan 0000 <gen>
      • Unit - Set Saiyan 0000 <gen> movement speed to 300.00
      • Item - Move Ultra Super Saiyan 0087 <gen> to (Center of items <gen>)
      • Item - Move Perfect Super Saiyan 0944 <gen> to (Center of items <gen>)
      • Item - Move Kaioken x10 0324 <gen> to (Center of items <gen>)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Saiyan 0000 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\LevelupCaster.mdl
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Sound - Play scream2 <gen>
  • Goku SS Drain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Saiyan 0000 <gen> has an item of type Super Saiyan) Equal to True
      • (Saiyan 0000 <gen> has an item of type Halo) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Player - Add -1 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You could use some form of morph such as Demon Form to change the unit type and as such the model. You could also use another unit (this is how it is usually done) which you place in a corner hidden from sight and then teleport it to the same location when ss is used.

Level 2
You could use some form of morph such as Demon Form to change the unit type and as such the model. You could also use another unit (this is how it is usually done) which you place in a corner hidden from sight and then teleport it to the same location when ss is used.

Demon form would work, but is there a way to revert that at will?

Also with the teleporting, I can't find a way for XP to transfer.

Level 2
Found out how on a default map, if anyone's still at this thread and has a similar problem, here are the triggers I used.

• SS
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing ss as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Give SS Placeholder 0027 <gen> to GokuSS 0002 <gen>
      • Hero - Set GokuSS 0002 <gen> experience to (Hero experience of Goku 0000 <gen>), Hide level-up graphics
      • Unit - Move GokuSS 0002 <gen> instantly to (Position of Goku 0000 <gen>)
      • Unit - Move Goku 0000 <gen> instantly to (Center of SSholding <gen>)
      • Unit - Change ownership of GokuSS 0002 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
      • Unit - Change ownership of Goku 0000 <gen> to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
  • ss drain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (GokuSS 0002 <gen> has SS Placeholder 0027 <gen>) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Add -1 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
  • Revert
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing revert as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set Goku 0000 <gen> experience to (Hero experience of GokuSS 0002 <gen>), Hide level-up graphics
      • Unit - Move Goku 0000 <gen> instantly to (Position of GokuSS 0002 <gen>)
      • Unit - Move GokuSS 0002 <gen> instantly to (Center of SSholding <gen>)
      • Hero - Drop SS Placeholder 0027 <gen> from GokuSS 0002 <gen>
      • Unit - Change ownership of Goku 0000 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
      • Unit - Change ownership of GokuSS 0002 <gen> to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
You can slap in some sound files if you want aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.