• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Game message display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Why does this game message not display while playing with more players, but works perfectly fine in WE test.

• Health Upgrades
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Upgrade Health
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet CabinUpgrade_Health = (CabinUpgrade_Health + 1)
      • Unit - Set Max HP of Cabin in the woods 0000 <gen> to ((Max HP of Cabin in the woods 0000 <gen>) + 500)
      • Unit - Set life of Cabin in the woods 0000 <gen> to ((Life of Cabin in the woods 0000 <gen>) + 500.00)
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 1.00 seconds the text: ((Color_Text[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |r)) + ( has upgraded health, level + (String(CabinUpgrade_Health))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CabinUpgrade_Health Equal to 30
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Level 7
I am actually surprised triggering player works here, I have not used GUI in a long time but you could try use owner of triggering unit instead.

Everything else seems fine to me
Well yeah i could do that, but that would display the text to the player buying the item only, and i want it to be displayed to all players.

But i tried to change it to all allies of triggering player, i'll have to see if that works:)

Level 2
I think he means you could change Player number of Triggering Player/Name of Triggering Player to Owner of Triggering Unit and keep it displaying to All Players.

If this doesn't work then perhaps you accidentally destroyed the All Players force somewhere. Can't think of another reason

Level 3
That's not what he meant, I believe.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All allies of (Owner of (Triggering unit)).) the text: texzt
Like this. You need to try to be as specific as you can with matching conditions with your event. Your event doesn't necessarily have a triggering player but a triggering unit.

An example of when you would use 'Triggering Player' would be an event like Player - Keyboard Event, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.