• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with save codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

After playing the game for a few hours, my brother and i decided to take a break. When we wanted to continue, we used the codes, and encountered a problem. The host of the game can use his code, however, the other one gets disconnected soon after the host uses the code. This happened multiple times, and we both tried hosting.
Did anyone else have this error? If so, please help us fix it.
Thank you.

Level 21
Hello,

After playing the game for a few hours, my brother and i decided to take a break. When we wanted to continue, we used the codes, and encountered a problem. The host of the game can use his code, however, the other one gets disconnected soon after the host uses the code. This happened multiple times, and we both tried hosting.
Did anyone else have this error? If so, please help us fix it.
Thank you.

Names are the problem. If you play in garena and either has changed their name, then there's a huge chance that the name isn't changed for other.
It can also be that one of the names contains unallowed symbols, like dots.

Level 1
I don't think names are the problem, since both codes work in singleplayer. If it is the problem, however, how can we find/fix it?

Level 21
I don't think names are the problem, since both codes work in singleplayer. If it is the problem, however, how can we find/fix it?

Basically if the problem is about names, then it will always work in single.
I've seen this exact problem before and it was because I saw a player as X and she saw herself as Y.
All codes are locked to name, so if one player sees themselves as something else, then it causes a desync.

Level 5
You can try using a spoofer. Back when I played in Garena I had to use a spoofer for my nickname because it was already been used by another person. If you try changing your name from LAN setting (the text space where you have the option of using the name you like) it's more likely to cause a desync issue (if you're hosting the game, everyone else who has joined will be disconnected, whereas if you join a game and try loading your code only you will be disconnected). I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.