• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1C

E1C

Level 2
Some friends and I wanted to play Gaias Retaliation together.

Question 1) If we play it on LAN, can we still save?
Question 2) If I host the game online (not a bot) can we still save?

Also, the last time I played this was at least 2011, anyone willing to tell me about the changes?

Thanks!

Edit: This isn't as important as I'm just curious but...
When I last played (The Fire Lord was #1 and you had to farm ogres to level up high enough to fight him), I had a level 40 something Bishop. I can't seem to find my code for him in my Warcraft directory, and I also am not even sure if a code that old will work. Anything I can do to try and get my old character back, or is it time to reroll?

Level 9
That old code will not work, and you have to farm d3 bosses, not ogres. Also, you can save just as long as your connected online, whether it be by yourself or with others, just as long as your online.

Level 10
There was a code wipe your old codes are lost I'm sorry :[ as for changes there was a substantial amount of changes such as the talent system there is also a new version on the way 1.2A that should be released within the next week or two if all goes well for us Gaias fans. This new version will add a whole new questing hub and some new world bosses that will be as hard if not a little harder than any d3 boss and finally allow players to obtain the 'max level' level 50. So you decided to come back at a good time.

As for the playing online with your friends as long as there are 2+ people in the game for either bnet or lan you will be able to save, but I would like to note to you that you can always play at Clan ORPG @USWest too there are gaias host bots that host the game 24/7 in that channel. These bots also host Gaias through Garena (a lan based alternative bnet system) In euro rpg room 08, allowing garena and bnet players to actually play together which is awesome :D

As for a full list of changes you can find them at this link:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-1n-2-a-144066/?prev=search=gaias&d=list&r=20

Level 10
I had a better answer imo

EDIT: also ihaz I love you and if I haven't told you yet I picked up teaching myself bass guitar and I just learned the riff to enter sandman you'd be proud also what are some cool bass songs I should learn and do you have links to their tabs?

Level 13
What are both of you even talking about.

You can play solo, offline, in lan and still save.

I had a better answer imo

EDIT: also ihaz I love you and if I haven't told you yet I picked up teaching myself bass guitar and I just learned the riff to enter sandman you'd be proud also what are some cool bass songs I should learn and do you have links to their tabs?
Maybe check up Tool, A Perfect Circle, Porcupine Tree and Muse for some cool bassriffs.
You might want to do some scale practice before you start trying to learn some more serious riffs.

Level 3
Maybe check up Tool, A Perfect Circle, Porcupine Tree and Muse for some cool bassriffs.
You might want to do some scale practice before you start trying to learn some more serious riffs.

Meh. I feel like you don't really need to invest serious time into scales unless you're trying to shred / sweep pick. If you're just bored and sitting there though, go ahead.

Level 9
If you want to be good at really any instrument, you want scales, scales are incredibly useful, helps you get used to your instrument, and tuning, also with understanding real music, and not stupid tabs.

Level 3
Meh.

Still feel if you're casually playing, scales aren't needed.

In a band and trying to become the next Yngwie Malmsteen? Scale it up, dudebro.

Not saying scales aren't useful, in fact they are only helpful, but for someone who has like 30 minutes a day to play, looking up tabs should suffice. It seems like that's what S0ul wants to do anyway, what with his Emma Stone GF and other daily smoking habits.

But hell S0ul, look up a pentatonic scale and practice it for 5 minutes or so a day, scale that time depending on how long you play, and see if it helps any.

EDIT: Not sure if bass guitars use different scales because of the whole 5 string thing.

Last edited:
If you just want to play some campfire songs on guitar, you won't need them, sure.
If you just want to learn some cover songs on bass, you won't need them either, but as soon as you want to get a little more advanced than just some average punkrock, scales are an incredibly useful tool, especially for playing bass.
Especially if you plan to play with others, it's also useful to know where the notes are and learning to improvise based on those scales.
It's just stupid if you got a bass player in a band and I tell him that the song is in the key of D minor and he doesn't even know where the D notes are.

Also, scale practice helps to build up speed, precision and trains hand-eye coordination.
A guitar player might be fine with just the minor pentatonic scale and learn popular licks instead.
As a bass player, I recommend learning at least the major pentatonic scale and the aeolion minor scale aswell.

It's not as hard to remember as it seems. Since all the major and minor scales contain the pentatonic scale notes aswell, it's just about learning where the additional notes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.