• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with projectiles (Impale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I really need some help. I want a Hero in a map to have a projectile (instant attack) that is the Impale buff (the spike coming out of the ground). However, when he attacks someone who is just dying that spike comes out sideways out of thin air. I tried to do it with triggers and it worked fine except for the fact that the effect came on any enemy you right-clicked, even if you didn't fulfill the animation and aactually attacked them. So I really need help with this, would be eternally grateful for any help!
Thx in advance

Level 2
Think it was Unit is attacked, and I realize that it would probably work with a "unit takes damage" but I couldn't find that?

Level 5
Unit is attacking event and then wait action (mb about 1 or 0.5 seconds?) then create impale effect at targeted unit's position...

I know waits aren't best triggers but try it mb it will work

Level 2
Yes but then, if i cancel the animation the effect will still display, wont it?

Level 5
oh... you're right i think... I'll open editor tommorow and try to do something if no one else will post I'll try to help

Level 5
Event -> Unit Specific Event -> Unit Takes Damage ;)

don't know how it is in english so i had translated it by my own (got Polish editor)

Level 2
Could you show us your trigger?

What you quoted is not part of the trigger, that's what happens when I configure it in the Data editor. The trigger is really simple, unit gets attacked, damaging unit equal to X then create special effect at attacked unit. Very roughly described

Edit: Moonek, i don't think it would work with specific unit event, has to be generic

Level 19
Use orders

• Untitled Trigger 004
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.80 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current order of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (Order(attack))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Attacking unit))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempLoc using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleMissTarget.mdl
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
^ Help is needed on that... i wouldn't know how to destroy the sfx (if the attackspeed is more than 2, than it will glitch)

Level 2
Illidans911: That's pretty much what I did except for the order, will try it.

Level 2
Illidans911: didn't work, sorry

However, the damage detection system worked, it's all perfect now :)
Thanks alot for all your help, sorry for double posting but the problem is now solved!

Level 19
Illidans911: didn't work, sorry

However, the damage detection system worked, it's all perfect now :)
Thanks alot for all your help, sorry for double posting but the problem is now solved!

Yeah i was experimenting with it a little bit too. the best way to do it would be to use Bribe's GUI damage system and check wether its a normal or spell attack and if its normal show the sfx.

the reason mine didnt work is because "attack" is the order if u manually attack, "smart" is the order for right clicking, and "" (nothing) is the order for auto-attacking so you'd have to do an Or statement with those three orders

Status
Not open for further replies.