• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with my skin- Probably an 'alpha' thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey folks. Having a bit of a problem with my new custom skin.
I changed a Druid of the Talon into a Blood Elf unit... removed the beard and everything, new colors, some copy/paste from the Blood Mage and Spellbreaker... let's just say that it looks great.... as a .BLP.

However, after importing it into the mapeditor, and getting the path right, my unit now looks like...

THIS!

INVISIDRUID.JPG

omg wtf indeed. What am I doing wrong? I bet it's got something to do with alpha or whatever, but... I haven't got a clue as how to work around this.

I work with Photoshop 7.0. I saved as .tga and converted it to .blp with Warcraft 3 Viewer.

If you can help me, please describe in detail the steps I have to take to get this right.

Thanks in advance.

Level 21
1. Did you download the patch for Photoshop 7.0? Or the targa plugin in www.adobe.com ? Its needed to fix the problem with alpha channels

2. Alot of skins turn out with red parts if they were not 32bits before conversion (WC3 Viewer fixes this)

3. .tga is a format that keeps alpha channels. If you saved as .jpeg and then converted it, it may not have worked.

Lol, I don't even have photoshop

Level 23
Sopho said:
1. Did you download the patch for Photoshop 7.0? Or the targa plugin in www.adobe.com ? Its needed to fix the problem with alpha channels

2. Alot of skins turn out with red parts if they were not 32bits before conversion (WC3 Viewer fixes this)

3. .tga is a format that keeps alpha channels. If you saved as .jpeg and then converted it, it may not have worked.

Lol, I don't even have photoshop

1. Ayup. Downloaded the patch, and dragged it into the correct folder.

2. Well, if I change the player, it becomes blue.. or teal.. or purple.. or.. etc. What you see in that example is... *only the team color, and nothing else*. :O

3. Saved it as .tga, then had War3 Viewer Conversion make it a .blp. And yes, all 32 bit.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.