• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello
I have rather weird problem with texture/material (I'm not sure). I checked everything and it should be correct. Here is screenshot,
And here from model editor
Bug.jpg

Texture has alpha channel and model works in MDLvis
I would be grateful for help

Level 20
In the model editor, open the material manager and select this material (Ctrl+left clic in the main window if you're not sure).
Then, make sure the filter mode is set to additive, this is used specifically to make alpha channel invisible.

Attachments

• Material.jpg
    Material.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 76
Level 20
Well, I'm clueless. Tried to recalculate the extents, to rewrap it, I still have the same result as you do.

I replaced the custom texture with a standard crypt fiend's, and it displayed correctly ingame, so my guess would be that the texture has a flaw somewhere, maybe too much alpha.

Edit : went to check the texture, it seems to be fine, honestly I don't know what's wrong with this model :<

Status
Not open for further replies.