1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Problem with material

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by MatiS, Jun 12, 2015.

1. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hello
    I have rather weird problem with texture/material (I'm not sure). I checked everything and it should be correct. Here is screenshot,
    And here from model editor
    Bug.jpg

Texture has alpha channel and model works in MDLvis
    I would be grateful for help

2. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    In the model editor, open the material manager and select this material (Ctrl+left clic in the main window if you're not sure).
    Then, make sure the filter mode is set to additive, this is used specifically to make alpha channel invisible.

Attached Files:

3. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The problem ain't with portrait glow but with material on upper part of his body:
    bug.jpg
    Screenshot can be a little bit confusing. As you can see, texture on his head and body is black, but it should look like that:
    bug1.jpg
    In game it's worse (you can see it on screenshot in my first post)

4. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ah right I didn't see that! That's confusing but I might have an idea.

Would you mind posting it as an attachment so I can take a look?

5. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
  6. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah as I expected, the problem was UV Mapping.

It displays correctly (I guess^^) in the model editor, check out if it works for you.

Attached Files:

7. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    It works in model editor, but in game I still get this:
    bug.jpg

8. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm clueless. Tried to recalculate the extents, to rewrap it, I still have the same result as you do.

I replaced the custom texture with a standard crypt fiend's, and it displayed correctly ingame, so my guess would be that the texture has a flaw somewhere, maybe too much alpha.

Edit : went to check the texture, it seems to be fine, honestly I don't know what's wrong with this model :<

9. MatiS

MatiS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I forgot to turn off rle compression in texture when I was saving it as tga. I fixed it and it's workin' now. Thanks for help.

10. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ah! I've always been wondering what RLE compression was actually doing, thanks to you I know I have to leave this option unchecked^^