• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem with lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Sers @ all

it's me again. I encountered a problem. About 95% of my textures are created from scratch in MS paint, refinded in Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop by my own. All textures are in 32 bit *.tga-format and converted to *.blp through the Blizzard Art Tools in 3ds Max. I am creating my own models in 3ds max 5, texturing and animating them. Atm I'm working on a set of buildings. In 3ds max everything looks like I want it to look^^ But in the previewer and ingame on some borders of my models nasty yellow lines appear... wtf!?

A screenshot of the WE:

You can easily see the yellow parts on the roofs of the houses. There should not be no yellow parts, trust me^^ I think it depends on distance and ligthing, cause if I zoom in the textures are displayed correctly.

If anybody has an idea or even a plan to solve, I would be the happiest modder in the whole world.

MfG Thy

Level 6
I believe it's caused by AA at big angles. For some reason wc3 will tint textures to 'yellow' when at a big distance and angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.