• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with instances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey. So i've created this spell few moments ago, and it seems that there's a problem with the instances, but i can't figure out what causes the bug.
Problem

When i cast the spell, first time, everything works like it should, but when i cast he spell second time while the first is still on, the first effect disappears and makes the second effect to got twice faster!
Now when i cast spell sometimes it appears at the center of the map - somewhere it leaks=)
So i hope you will help me! You will be rewarded with rep and credits!
Edit: Solved

Last edited:
Level 37
The way you use FSReals and FSPoints makes it not MUI.

This block:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • FS_CurrentDistance[FS_Index3] Greater than or equal to FS_Distance[FS_Index3]
    • Then - Actions
      • Set FS_Real1 = 0.00
      • -------- ----------------------------------------------- --------
      • -------- Setting point --------
      • -------- ----------------------------------------------- --------
      • Set FS_Point6 = (Position of FS_Dummy[FS_Index3])
    • Else - Actions
This, not MUI
  • Set FS_Real1 = (FS_Real1 + FS_Speed2)
This, point 6 is not set correctly
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within FS_AoE[FS_Index3] of FS_Point6 matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure)...
and so on.

You must set Point6 and FS_Real1 correctly in the THEN branch.

Level 12
Yeah, i knew that the problem is with those variables, but i made 'em all with arrays before and that didn't work... Okay i'll try it again. I'll edit the post to tell if all worked out fine!
Edit: worked, thanks a lot man!!!
Edit2: crap! I'm getting stupid! I guess my had is just overloaded with something else, the problem is that it still doesn't work, well it does, but there's some leak, that i can't figure out - when cast multiple times some times the effect appears at the center of the map! First post edited with new test map!
Edit3: nvm, what i said above, solved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.