• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Animation Effect Timing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, I'll be upfront that I'm somewhat new to world editor and am learning little by little the effects from custom abilities and using triggers and so forth. Well, I have this problem with this spell I'm trying to create with it's animations.

It's based off Firebolt and I renamed it to Pyroblast and changed it to have a cast time since it's a fairly potent spell. It takes a couple seconds to cast, but has a long range.

Well, I'm trying to create two animation effects to make the spell better looking. I want to have a glowing animation play (point: origin) while the player's hero is waiting to cast the spell, but what ends up happening is the animation doesn't occur until the moment it's casted. So the effect is he stands there for X seconds, then shoots the fireball and has a brief animation when it launches. I want the player to see an animation for the duration while they're waiting for it be cast so they know it's working. (This will be for the user to know and the target players to realize that they're charging up a big badass fireball at them, and gives them time to react.)

I tried using the Art Caster field and tried a trigger out for the specific unit "casting ability = pyroblast" and they both do the same thing. It waits X seconds, then animates and casts.

I was hoping someone out there might know of something I'm missing (event or setting) that I can use to achieve this semi-channeling animation during the cast time duration.

The other animation problem that I'm having is with the target getting hit by the spell, I want it to show them get hit with an explosion effect when the fireball connects. Yet it always displays the animation as the fireball is launched. The range on this spell is huge so the animation is always premature. I figured the answer might be in a triggered event too, but I couldn't quite find anything that triggered right as the target got hit with the pyroblast spell.

Thanks guys, I hope this isn't too wordy and long for such a simple problem.

Level 3
Solved the one where the spell animates on connection, luckily the spell can place a buff icon on the target. So when they receive the buff icon it can play an effect animation. So I created a custom buff and gave it the tooltip info and name, and then tagged the explosion effect onto it. Works fine now.

Now only I'm still stuck on how to get that channeling type animation on a wait time for a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.