• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Problem with fog effect in reforged WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Did anyone have problems when use the reforge WE? The fog effect of the map cannot display correctly when I make my own terrain.:cry:
like this picture of Arathi highland below:
screenshot 978.JPG

And below is my fog setting:
dmQj1y-3kuqK1nT1kSeq-fj.jpg

Other maps I made before also having this problem when I open them by reforged version WE, like this Eastern Plagueland which I made by classic WE:
dmQj1y-jncdZcT3cSsg-fi.jpg

And Silver Pine which I made by classic WE:
dmQj1y-kck1ZdT3cSsg-fi.jpg

I guess there must be a setting problem because the issue never happens before when I use the classic version WE. :pcry:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I think this may also apply in game as I recall someone else reporting a similar issue with the fog. It seems to be a limitation of the Reforged graphics engine and I think classic graphics shows it fine. They possibly did not intend for Reforged mode maps to use fog as the main reason to use fog, to hide the low Z view distance, is much less of a problem and there were potentially meant to be/are other effects that can be used instead.

Level 9
I think this may also apply in game as I recall someone else reporting a similar issue with the fog. It seems to be a limitation of the Reforged graphics engine and I think classic graphics shows it fine. They possibly did not intend for Reforged mode maps to use fog as the main reason to use fog, to hide the low Z view distance, is much less of a problem and there were potentially meant to be/are other effects that can be used instead.
Thanks for answering me, mate. So it cannot be solved? I have to say this reforged fog looks stupied and looks like I need to find another way to finish my terrain. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.