• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with editing brazier model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I know very little about modeling, so bear with me

I'm trying to edit the 'brazierOmni' model so that it does not glow while its death animation is being played, but does glow during its standing animation. The problem I'm having is that when the brazier's standing animation is played AFTER its death animation, the brazier will not glow. However, the fire will still appear. Here's what it looks like in-game:

attachment.php
That said, I tried editing the visibility of the light and particle emitter nodes (or whatever they're called) so that they'd only appear during the standing animation. Apparently this causes the model to fuck up somehow, i.e. the brazier does not appear in-game at all. Also, the following picture is what I did in a nutshell - adding one line apparently screws everything

137530d1406280078-problem-editing-brazier-model-brazier1.png
What do?

Attached model is the original model if needed

Attachments

• brazier1.png
    brazier1.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 230
  • brazierOmni.mdx
    5.2 KB · Views: 52
  • brazier2.png
    brazier2.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 281
Level 12
hmmm, I faced this problem before, its from the lighting actually, It could be some lighting that was just copied from another model or some wrong editings in the lighting object.
there's a guy named ILH who know this stuff

Okay holy shit I'm going to reply to this like a month later, better late than never I guess

Does this ILH guy have an account on the hive? If so, mind if I ask you to link me to his profile? (Edit: I'm mega retarded ignore this line)

Also to anyone who may read this, I still haven't resolved this issue, send help

Level 12

I made a test map using your model (see below). It works as intended, but now other issues arise :vw_wtf:

Some things about the map:
  • The top right brazier glows when you click another brazier for some reason
  • Deselecting it will make it stop glowing
  • Even if you delete the top right brazier, a glow will still appear in its place
  • If you 'drag select' the footman and any brazier, it will not cause the top right brazier to glow

And I'm sure this isn't some weird triggering oversight, as the map is pretty simple. There's something deeply fucked up with this model, evidently

Attachments

• Lighting test.w3x
    18.4 KB · Views: 43
There's nothing wrong with my model. If you use a model with a light as a unit, you need to create a portrait... I don't really know how warcraft handles a missing portrait, but it looks like basically creates an invisible reference of the model in the center of the map to use it like a portrait. That's why you see the light in the middle of the map when you select the model. Put a empty model for the portrait. I have seen this problem long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.