• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem with an older map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I started working on one of my older maps again (updated the jass spells, dw its not about that) and it seems in a GUI spell it fails to show the special effects that are created, even warcraft 3 special effects :/ The spell worked fine before the 1.24 patch. Why?

Level 17
  • Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spell
    • Actions
      • Set LocPoint1 = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set LocPoint2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set LocPoint3 = (LocPoint1 offset by 300.00 towards (Angle from LocPoint1 to LocPoint2) degrees)
      • Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 6.00
      • Camera - Sway the camera target for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 9.00 and velocity 200.00
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at LocPoint3 using Objects\Spawnmodels\NightElf\NEDeathSmall\NEDeathSmall.mdl
      • Set Spec1 = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at LocPoint3 using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
      • Set Spec2 = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at LocPoint3 facing (Angle from LocPoint1 to LocPoint2) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to ((250.00 + 30.00)%, (250.00 + 30.00)%, (250.00 + 30.00)%) of its original size
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_LocPoint3 )
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To LocPoint2
      • Set LocPoint3 = (LocPoint1 offset by ((Real((Integer A))) x 375.00) towards (Angle from LocPoint1 to LocPoint2) degrees)
      • Environment - Create a 3.00 second wave deformation from LocPoint1 to LocPoint3 with radius 400.00, depth 128.00, and a 1.00 second trailing delay
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_LocPoint1 )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_LocPoint2 )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_LocPoint3 )
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)
      • Special Effect - Destroy Spec1
      • Special Effect - Destroy Spec2

Level 17
Im a little hesitant to post it bc its almost done (in my sig) and i dont want to release it before its ready. Also i just tried to launch the map by going in warcraft 3 instead of the Test Map button, but the map isn't there, wtf?

I found out the problem isn't map specific, even in a new map the effects dont show ingame, is my WC3 screwed up? :/

Level 17
*facepalm* Everything was solved by a simple restart to the pc... And the map not showing up was bc it was located in too many subfolders, put it in WC3/maps and problem solved. Thanks for attempting to help anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.