• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with a trigger why doesnt that count!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright so heres the thing, I have a trigger for my map that I'm working on where a car can run over a unit IF it's moving makes sense right? I found a way to do this except for a glitch, apparently right clicking on terrain as if to make the unit move doesn't count! Doesn't count that! So anyways I'm gonna show you the exact trigger below.

-Moving Car

-Events

Unit-A unit comes within 275.00 of Car 0001 <gen>

-Conditions

(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Car

-Actions

If ((Current order of Car 0001 <gen>) Equal to (Order(move))) then do (Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)

Please Help =(

Level 2
I tried that and it didn't do anything diffrent, it just went past when I right clicked then when I clicked move it worked... it's very odd.

Level 2
Oh I just figured it out because I was messing around and, thought about how it might just be that I got the wrong order string. So I searched google and someone had a trigger to tell you all the order strings and right clicking it turns out is 'smart' not 'move' thanks for all who posted here!

Level 40
Teifi said:
You need (Entering Unit) not (Triggering Unit) i think.

sorry to ruin the moment, but Triggering Unit is actually BETTER than Entering Unit 8)

also, if the car was issued a patrol order, the order would be patrol, and if it was issued an order by right clicking, the order would be smart. if it was issued an order by Attack, the order would be attack.

Level 2
low-life said:
make a trigger that displays order every time unit recieves one, and modify your script accordingly.

Thats what I ended up doing although I didn't know until I googled it.

Level 27
PurplePoot said:
Teifi said:
You need (Entering Unit) not (Triggering Unit) i think.

sorry to ruin the moment, but Triggering Unit is actually BETTER than Entering Unit 8)
I'm just wondering... Is there actually any positive effect in the end, or is it just because it's the first function for units that you see and it's less work to do it with triggering unit?
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.