• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem w/ AOS map Neutral Armies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm having a problem with an AOS style map that I'm working on. I have 2 neutral players with completely equal armies that spawn at the same time, giving both players absolutely equal forces. But the second player always beats the first. What are the possible reasons for this?

Level 5
Both races are exactly the same, just with different names + model files, based off orcs and humans. There is no blight, and the terrain is completely flat so far. All units are always able to get to the front of combat. The ranged units and the melee units spawn in the same area and move at the same speed, and therefore arrive in combat at the same time. These results come from several games without interference from user-controlled players.

Level 2
I'm not sure what's happening but I do know of a way you might get around it. Give both armies units evasion and critical strike. It will add a randomness that will hopefully get rid of your problem

Level 8
You describe a situation where there really aren't any variables that should theoretically be messing it up. Why don't you watch a few games and compare. Are there physical differences in units? Are they grouping or moving differently? Try to figure out at what points one team gets the advantage.

Level 22
One common thing that I found was that if you have both melee and ranged units spawn in the same trigger, and the same trigger being used for both armies...the units spawn from the center outwards, so if you have an odd number of units spawning in the same pattern but running in oppisite directions, one side may have the melee units charging ahead of the group while the other side has its ranged units in the front, just from the way they were spawned. If thats the case, then yes, the side with the melee in front will always win.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.