• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem reflection, how do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i just see some articles that tell about "Using reflections in terraining!" made by fladddermasken. i really impressive with what he has done
i tried to follow step by step what he made but still not understand.
what should i need to create a reflection things? such like reflection object in water

Level 2
You would probably need to clear up what exactly it is that you don't understand.

like what u have done. i just wondering how?
i already download and test your alpha tileset and i try change the custom path to TerrainArt/Outland/Outland_blp. then i go to modify tileset and pick on cliff base group 3. when i apply it the tileset appear with black and bit sharp at the end then i dont know what should i do next after that.....

should i change the object pitch and roll angle to make it appear or else?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
like what u have done. i just wondering how?
i already download and test your alpha tileset and i try change the custom path to TerrainArt/Outland/Outland_blp. then i go to modify tileset and pick on cliff base group 3. when i apply it the tileset appear with black and bit sharp at the end then i dont know what should i do next after that.....

should i change the object pitch and roll angle to make it appear or else?
Have you enabled view settings i.e. view sky? The hotkey is K for view sky. Also you need to angle the camera so you can see the skybox, it doesn't have a bottom side so if you're viewing it from the game camera it will still just be black.

If it still won't work after that you must have set the filepath wrong. Check so you don't have any accidental spaces in the path i.e. "TerrainArt/Outland/Outland_blp " as opposed to "TerrainArt/Outland/Outland_blp"

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
how about normal camera? does it works anyway?
Guessing you mean you want this for a playable map. I have been getting this question since I posted the tutorial, I should probably do an FAQ about it or something. Theoretically all you need to make it work in a playable map i.e. with the normal game camera is either a skybox with no missing sides (the standard WE skybox has no lower or upper side), or a skysphere. You could probably post a request here, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/ .

Also I think http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/tobyfat50/ did a playable with reflections at some point.

yes, when i using dalaran sky and set time to midnight in world edit, i see reflection in sky in world edit is that true?
You don't need to change the time of day, but yes.

Level 2
why u not tell before -______- in your articles

yes, when i using dalaran sky and set time to midnight in world edit, i see reflection in sky in world edit is that true?
You don't need to change the time of day, but yes.

and something happen when using your custom terrain

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Me said:
The river boat refelcts on the still surface.

What you actually see is the unseen (bottom) sides of the skybox and another river boat turned upside down.
Right there. I can tell english isn't your first (or even second?) language though, so I am not surprised you missed it. Thing is, it also says in the requirements that you should be, at least, an average terrainer i.e. be familiar with the funamentals of terraining. Because if you have been introduced to terraining before, you would know that anyways.

I added in a bit for people who wants to use it for playable maps too.

You can get an animated stormsphere (a kind of skysphere) from here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/ultimate-terraining-map-3-0-a-45316/ if you want to try it out.

and something happen when using your custom terrain
What custom terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.