• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem adding 3 levs to spell :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello i was trying to edit a blade beam spell that i found in the spells section of the site that was created by Monky-Master to make it have 3 levels and so that the initial damage and the damage of the little beams would increase at every level. Im not sure exactly what is screwing up here but ill post both the original and the 3 level version that i was trying to create because for some reason it is doing way too much damage if anyone could tell me what is messing up (and possibly how to fix it) i would really apreciate it :D

Attachments

• Blade Beam.w3x
    23.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Blade Beam 3 levels.w3x
    198.8 KB · Views: 30
Level 24
Hmmmm, I looked at the map and I can't tell what is wrong. Wait, never mind I found it. You have no condition determining what level of the ability is being cast. Add if then else sttments testing if the skill being cast is lvl 1, lvl 2, or level 3.

This should solve your problem.

Another option is to have a base skill which stuns and use trigs to damage the unit(s). Then you could use a variable for the damage which is adjusted whenever you level up the base skill.

Hope that this helps.

Level 12
No.
Give me a few seconds :D

Sorry for delay(did some chatting) :p

Attachments

• Blade Beam 3 levels(spiwn).w3x
    196.9 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.